Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we still gonna pretend a healthy Rios beats Abril?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiei

i'm not a rios supporter dumb phaggot

i'm just saying a heavier rios might beat abril considering abril hasn't fought at 140 or proved he can beat any 140 pounders

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure Abril has had a good few fights earlier in his career at 140.
    But but but he's never fought anyone like Rios.

I'm with you on your criticism about Rios. I've said it for while and no one around me believed me. Then along came Acosta who almost made it all come true but unfortunately he just isn't very durable.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
      i'm not a rios supporter dumb phaggot

i'm just saying a heavier rios might beat abril considering abril hasn't fought at 140 or proved he can beat any 140 pounders
      who said you were a rios supporter? and what the **** does that even mean?you are the dumbass that posted that abril didn't shut out lundy and prescott after someone posted that abril shut out rios so even if you are not a rios supporter you are supporting him in this thread.how you mentioning that abril didn't shut out prescott and lundy mean that abril might not be able to deal with rios 1 weight clas higher ?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
        who said you were a rios supporter? and what the **** does that even mean?you are the dumbass that posted that abril didn't shut out lundy and prescott after someone posted that abril shut out rios so even if you are not a rios supporter you are supporting him in this thread.how you mentioning that abril didn't shut out prescott and lundy mean that abril might not be able to deal with rios 1 weight clas higher ?
        yes and it's spelled class

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Bradley schools him easily. Abril shuts him out again at any weight. He weighed in on the second attempt at 139 so I don't even see what it matters personally. IMHO if it was at 140 that would actually benefit Abril more if anything.

Too his credit for the first 2 rounds that was the best I've ever seen Rios look. He was jabbing occasionally, cutting the ring off, moving his head but then everything went out the window after that big right hand which apparently didn't hurt him.

I've said it for years, took abuse for it, you've just got to come to terms with it Rios simply isn't very good. Hes disgracefully limited!
          When I said he was maybe the worst/most limited world champion ever, I wasn't saying that to ***** on the guy, I was saying it because its true.

He would never beat Lucas, Bradley, Abril and the names that get thrown around again that is no knock he just isn't a top fighter. Hes a massive overachiever.
          Peterson was actually outboxing him when he chose to box instead of bang, but naturally, Peterson always wanting to engage gave Rios the fight he wanted in the latter rounds before the DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
            yes and it's spelled class
            yes what?the clowns on bs are crazy
            Last edited by letsgobrady; 03-31-2013, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              yes what?the clowns on bs is crazy
              wow what a dumb phaggot

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                The excuse was that Rios was weight drained but anyone who knows anything about anything knows that the outcome would be the same even if they fought at MW. Rios MIGHT'VE performed better but class would still be in session. I mean what's the excuse for tonight? For Rios getting outboxed by a guy who didn't even look right at times trying to box.
                Abril is just plain awful.The worst Cuban from their awesome amateur program and they have had some fighters.Alvarado is a WARRIOR and an excellent fighter. Rios is 10 times the fighter that Abril is. Abril hits like a biatch.

Comment

Abril is fight's like a b!tch, Want to see what true boxer looks like Look at Terence Crawford , now that's what i called a boxing clinic, he let his hands go, no clinching, holding, just poped him from the outside, and got to his body on the inside when ever Prescott tried to get close. Thats true Boxing.

All these guys getting a hard on over Abril's clinching is sickening, and when he clinches he doesn't do anything. It's frusterating seeing that guy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                    The excuse was that Rios was weight drained but anyone who knows anything about anything knows that the outcome would be the same even if they fought at MW. Rios MIGHT'VE performed better but class would still be in session. I mean what's the excuse for tonight? For Rios getting outboxed by a guy who didn't even look right at times trying to box.
                    Are you realted to Abril ? Abril fought well vs Rios and Acosta. He was dominated by Lundy,Presscott, and looked terrible against a limited Bogere. That fight is the cure for insomnia. Abril couldn't sell tickets to his family. I like skilled boxers too but who has he ever KO'd ? Up until the Prescott fight,he fought horrible foes,okay not the first to do so.

He has 3 KO's after that fight vs guys with a combined 29 loses !!!!! Abril doesn't last 2 rounds at 140 lbs with any of the top 10-12 fighters and maybe 1 round with Broner. His new nickname is the "Unskilled Mosquito."

Rios and Mile High Mike are both easily in the top 5 at 140 lbs. Rios would easily KTFO Amir Khan at 140.Matthyse v Rios would be a WAR. Rios KO over Peterson and Maidana. I would favor JMM,Garcia and maybe Matthyse over Rios and Alvarado but would love watching all 3 fights vs either.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                      Abril is fight's like a b!tch, Want to see what true boxer looks like Look at Terence Crawford , now that's what i called a boxing clinic, he let his hands go, no clinching, holding, just poped him from the outside, and got to his body on the inside when ever Prescott tried to get close. Thats true Boxing.

All these guys getting a hard on over Abril's clinching is sickening, and when he clinches he doesn't do anything. It's frusterating seeing that guy fight.
                      Almost as "frustrating" as having to read one of your posts. Between you, the guy that posted above you, and the gay guy bringing up Lundy and Prescott (WTF?) this thread has became a train wreck. At least MattyIce, letsgobrady, myself and a few others got a good laugh out of it haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X