Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stieglitz Gains Revenge, Stops Abraham After Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrreat... Now we need to suffer through a rubber match...

Comment

That boys, was a great rematch. loved the first fight, and tbh i thought it would be the same the second time around. But Stieglitz came in with confidence and bullied AA from the first bell, landed that beauty straight and the rest was just clockwork. Would love a third fight, and if Stieglitz and Groves face off I would bet on Stieglitz after watching him td.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Weird fight, thought AA was just going through his normal slow start then eye closing and then blam fight over.
        Agree. Very weird fight. Terrible showing by AA. No heart.

Comment

Man, Stieglitz was a man on a mission. Super aggressive from the starting bell. He REALLY wanted his belt back.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            AA has NEVER been able 2 adjust, time to go as he's not a force or someone that's a threat , especially 2 the US elite...what surprised me in Melissa McMorrow fight was the scoring, giving her a slpit nnod...1 judge 9-1 for MM while another 2 Raoui by 6-4, what was this incompetent watching???
            The "US elite" being Andre Ward alone, because he sure as hell was a threat to Dirrell who faked his way out of finishing the fight.

I just watched the fight, Stieglitz basically took Ward's gameplan, got inside after every exchange, held on a lot and often led with the head.

Stieglitz headbutted AA twice in round 2 and should really have had a point taken off, he was punching after the bell too. AA never recovered.

I think AA will be pretty angry when he reviews the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorBlade View Post
              It was a right hand followed by a minor collision of Stieglitz´ cheekbone with Abraham´s head. Impossible to tell what caused the swelling in the end.
              I don´t think it was intentional. **** happens.
              It was intentional, he headbutted him at least twice. This was Ward v Kessler II.

Weak refereeing.

Comment

Abraham looked old and tired in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  It was intentional, he headbutted him at least twice. This was Ward v Kessler II.

Weak refereeing.
                  So what you're trying to say is that Steiglitz is slick and old school? I didn't see any intentional headbutts certainly not worthy of being compared to Ward's.

Comment

Abraham's style has always been a tight defense and to try to use it to get his opponents tired. It has worked well for him for the most part but he got head butted so bad that his eye closed shut almost immediately. Stieglitz didn't deserve a win for that BS and Abraham shouldn't be discredited for it. Germany and Sauerland both are notorious for bad practices in the sport.

Comment

Highlights:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3Ht-nS-kI

Comment

Working...
                      X