No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stieglitz Gains Revenge, Stops Abraham After Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    Such an outcome would never happen again. The one eye was shut down completely in the second round already, thats the only reason how Stieglitz could get away with his bumrush tactic. He could have never fought that way for 12 rounds. We need another fight. Its 1-1 now. the third fight has to happen! Thats not a true loss for Abe in my eyes. Its not normal to have your eye completely shut in the second round, especially not for Arthur!
    Maybe not your eye sir but it certainly was Abraham's eye.

Comment

It wasn't a headbutt that caused that. It was a punch, you could see it, but it was one of those glancing blows where maybe a part of the thumb caught the eye. Bad luck for AA, but that's boxing. Steiglitz came in gunning for it, he caught AA with some great punches that clearly hurt him quite badly, but one of those also happened to catch his eye with a glancing thumb.

It was an unlucky loss for AA, but a deserved victory for RS nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
        I think it may be time for AA to hang them up. Hes made enough money and he hasn't changed his style one bit since he got exposed in the super 6. Also his body language dictates he doesnt want it any more. The younger AA would have tried harder to win even with a badly shut eye. he fought on against a prime miranda with a broken jaw.
        He looked lackluster but you cannot compare being unable to see versus having your jaw broken. Perseverance/tenacity can get you through pain but if your depth perception is off in addition to having a blindside to one side of your body there is not much you can do.

Comment

RS fought a typical Hatton fight, mauling, head of his opponents chest/shoulder, throw at will etc but the shot that cause the damage was a nice clean right hand, so no complaints here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            RS fought a typical Hatton fight, mauling, head of his opponents chest/shoulder, throw at will etc but the shot that cause the damage was a nice clean right hand, so no complaints here.
            I had no issue with the tactics, they were working well, it was the use of the head. He was throwing it in a lot and connected at least twice. It's no wonder Abraham wants an immediate rematch.

Comment

Stunning. Not that Stieglitz won, as I had him winning the first fight, but the manner it was done. AA looks all but washed up. Last time he was out quite fast, by his standards, but this time he barely threw anything. Stieglitz was in his face all time and punished AA with venom. Not only the shut eye, but AA was also badly hurt.

Still I'd say that Stieglitz gets an easy defense before these two guys take a rubber match in the late autumn. If AA doesn't call it a day that is.

Comment

Missed it but wow that was un expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                  Such an outcome would never happen again. The one eye was shut down completely in the second round already, thats the only reason how Stieglitz could get away with his bumrush tactic. He could have never fought that way for 12 rounds. We need another fight. Its 1-1 now. the third fight has to happen! Thats not a true loss for Abe in my eyes. Its not normal to have your eye completely shut in the second round, especially not for Arthur!
                  I am shocked that he did not protest ! His trainer Wegner took him out of that fight because he knew that they would loose. Abraham was humiliated by the stoppage. They should have let him continue.

Comment

Abraham Quit!

Wat would Teddy Atlas say?

Here is a case of a bully being bullied. You can only feast on mediocre comp for so long with a stacked deck. Usually when he faces adversity, he is at home in germany. This allows him to use the dirty tactics he has in his arsenal without penalty to equLize things.

In this face the ref, not stieglitz, took his heart. He was getting outworked and even buzzed by stieglitz. He had no answers except what? But, when the ref took that from him, he became demoralized. He asked for a way out and got it.

Abraham quit yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                    X