Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye get another Wlad shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
    undeserving or not. He is the only threat to wlad.

just lol at people here saying **** like they wouldnt watch or he deosnt deserve another shot, ever! Stick to watching him fighting no hopes with under 15 fights to their name then. I would buy this fight again. It would be a better fight than last time and haye has the power to knock him out, and i fully believe if he commits himself more than last time, he will put wlad down.

Plus he was injured. Must of effected him mentally more than physically.
    This.

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Honestly, he wasn't much of a threat in the first fight. You can blame his injured toe, but even Haye admitted it was an invalid excuse for his defeat.

A second fight is only interesting if Haye really has intentions of bringing the fight to Wlad. 12 more rounds of the same would be a toe-curling(!) experience.
    You're right and I agree. Haye was poor in that fight and never lived up to his mouth.

A glaring point which brings me to a question is this:

Haye embarrassed himself in the Klit fight with a poor punch stat, lack of engagement and a generally inept all round show. Despite this, how is it then that he took a Heavyweight who is unbeaten for 6 years, 20 pounds plus heavier and with multiple title defences to the score cards and wasn't legitimately knocked down?????

It says a lot about how 'great' Klit supposedly is.
    Last edited by Jedi Vader; 03-22-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      For better or worse he's the WBA's number one contender, so obviously THEY think he deserves it. Personally I think he should keep fighting contenders just like I think every other number one should until their time comes.
      Exactly but I'm not sure Wlad even starts holding on to these trinkets and just keeps the RING belt. It's what I'd do. It's not like he needs them all, everyone knows he's the real champ in the div.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
        This.

You're right and I agree. Haye was poor in that fight and never lived up to his mouth.

A glaring point which brings me to a question is this:

Haye embarrassed himself in the Klit fight with a poor punch stat, lack of engagement and a generally inept all round show. Despite this, how is it then that he took a Heavyweight who is unbeaten for 6 years, 20 pounds plus heavier and with multiple title defences to the score cards and wasn't legitimately knocked down?????

It says a lot about how 'great' Klit supposedly is.
        The reason for the low punch output and inept performance was because wlad shut him down, it was nothing haye done wrong, he was just in with a better boxer that night. Haye will look good aagainst boxers who are slower than him and let him plant his feet, wlad kept him off balance and out of range, so haye looked clumsy and amateurish all night

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
          The reason for the low punch output and inept performance was because wlad shut him down, it was nothing haye done wrong, he was just in with a better boxer that night. Haye will look good aagainst boxers who are slower than him and let him plant his feet, wlad kept him off balance and out of range, so haye looked clumsy and amateurish all night
          I saw nothing from Klit to suggest that he completely shut him down. Haye landed better hard shots in that fight. I saw nothing to suggest Klit was completely dominant other than jab, jab, jab, jab and grab.

I didn't see anything from him in the Wach either.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
            Exactly but I'm not sure Wlad even starts holding on to these trinkets and just keeps the RING belt. It's what I'd do. It's not like he needs them all, everyone knows he's the real champ in the div.
            I agree 100%. These belts hinder a champions greatness, not allowing him to fight the best fights more often than not.

Comment

It will be good to see David Haye actually fight more than once a year, and fight a few contenders e.g. Povetkin, Arreola & Adamek - all fights he would most likely win and then fight Wlad.

Comment

I saw nothing from Klit to suggest that he completely shut him down. Haye landed better hard shots in that fight. I saw nothing to suggest Klit was completely dominant other than jab, jab, jab, jab and grab.

Well we all know the Jab is the main punch in Boxing.. If you want UFC it's on another channel. As for Haye landing the better hard shots.. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Haye VS Enzo Mac or something?? If Haye landed the better shots he would have won the fight.. It really is that simple.. 3 Judges and millions can't be wrong no matter how much you wish to rewrite history..
                What happened in that fight was witnessed by all who watched.. Haye talked big and fought small.. He ran around like a girly-man for 12 rounds and then blamed his baby toe for coming up NSF on the checks he wrote with his big mouth but couldn't cash with his fists.
                Just the facts.. No embellishment or revision needed.

Comment

When i say shut down i mean stop him from being effective. Haye wasnt effective at all in that fight. Haye wasnt completely dominated, but thats only because wlad didnt take any chances. Like it or not wlad knew he was doing more than enough to win and he had to much respect for hayes power to risk being caught. Wlad used to take risks to be exciting and was beaten, since he stopped taking risks and started trying to just win fights, hes done nothing but win fights. Its like i said early this fight was like wlad-ibragimov and noone said ibragimov deserved a rematch so why does haye?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Haye is either the 2nd or 3rd best HW, in that sense, yeah.

I would like Haye to beat a 'rated' HW first, just to keep the complainers quiet. The HW division sucks, every other fight will end whenever Wlad wants to end it...at least Wlad-Haye is a fight between two very good fighters.

It's a sad state when the division's best fight is between a superheavy and a blown up crusier, but it is what it is.
                    Agree with this. Wlad-Haye I was a stinker. Just saw it again, it was terrible. But both men have to own up to that. Wlad didn't come out laying it on Haye. He fought behind the jab and the occassional right hand. Haye was way out of range and probably showed Wlad too much respect - especially after that 5th round.

I think it would be better for Haye to try and get Vitali. That's a completely different fight, and though I'd love it if it happened, I just can't see the Wlad fight going any differently. Haye should go after Vitali, if he can't get him he should put it on some of the contenders like Povetkin and Helenius.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                      Well we all know the Jab is the main punch in Boxing.. If you want UFC it's on another channel. As for Haye landing the better hard shots.. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Haye VS Enzo Mac or something?? If Haye landed the better shots he would have won the fight.. It really is that simple.. 3 Judges and millions can't be wrong no matter how much you wish to rewrite history..
                      What happened in that fight was witnessed by all who watched.. Haye talked big and fought small.. He ran around like a girly-man for 12 rounds and then blamed his baby toe for coming up NSF on the checks he wrote with his big mouth but couldn't cash with his fists.
                      Just the facts.. No embellishment or revision needed.
                      Find one sequence from that fight where Haye ran. Please.

Comment

Working...
                      X