No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
    So TR and GB effectively have their own networks. This just worsens the state of boxing.

This is absolutely pathetic from HBO from a business standpoint. Hershman should be fired imo...he never did anything over at showtime for years and now you can expect see HBO Boxing go downhill too.
    hershman did good at showtime. he had a fraction of the budget to work with and showtime always had better fights than hbo.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      You'll probably be asking yourself that question regarding HBO in a few months. Pac won't be clear to fight until the end of the year. Showtime has the Floyd PPV in the spring.
      I know, but I'm really asking when was their last PPV?? Vargas/Mayorga in '07?

Comment

Originally posted by will.i.am View Post
        These promoters and networks are killing my beloved sport. What this means is we will never see. Rios vs garcia. Or any top 140lbs. Mares vs donaire out the window. Mayweather pacman. Mayweather vs martinez. Broner vs rios. I think I've had enough I'm cancelling hbo and showtime. Id rather watch the ufc
        why is everyone acting like we would have ever seen a golden boy fighter v top rank fighter? it would have never happened anyway... regardless of them switching to the networks...

Comment

Originally posted by R1DG3Z View Post
          I know, but I'm really asking when was their last PPV?? Vargas/Mayorga in '07?
          It was Pacquiao-Mosley

Comment

I knew once HBO Hired Heirchman Its was over. He sucked at Showtime. What made HBO think he was a good hire. HBO is Done! Showtime will be the new king.

Comment

You buggin. Showtime was wack!

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                hershman did good at showtime. he had a fraction of the budget to work with and showtime always had better fights than hbo.
                You buggin. Showtime fight were wack. The best thing they had was the super six Tourny...Thats it!

Comment

Originally posted by R1DG3Z View Post
                  SHO still feels like a B network compared to HBO. Production wise, HBO still got the game on lock. And when was the last time Showtime actually had a boxing PPV anyway??
                  got a very good one coming up may 4th. thats all that counts you jealous chump.canelo will come next.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    I remember when HBO and GBP worked very closely with each other and HBO ended up losing money cuz their fights sucked and didn't sell ****

Same thing is gonna happen here, SHO and GBP don't know how to promote fights and build a fighter into a PPV star

This is just a short list on the stars Top Rank has built from scratch

Muhammad Ali, Alexis Argüello, Oscar De La Hoya, Roberto Durán, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Marvin Hagler, Manny Pacquiao, Sugar Ray Leonard, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Erik Morales, Thomas Hearns, Paulie Ayala, Iran Barkley, Michael Carbajal, Larry Holmes, Ray Mancini, Carlos Monzón, Terry Norris, Gabriel Ruelas, Rafael Ruelas, James Toney, and many others.

This is a list of stars GBP has built from scratch

NADA
                    building a fighter from scratch basically mean having them since their entrance into being a pro fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      It was Pacquiao-Mosley
                      Oh, yeeeah... forgot about that one. As did everybody else

Comment

Working...
                      X