No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Sone saying HBO has more subscribers but this just came out today. I alreafy know 6 that are adding showtime because of this. And this was just in a matter of hours and only people i have talked too.
    Question is how much of a difference does boxing make in a network's total subscriber base.

We're about to find out really soon.

Comment

goldenboy, hbo, top rank all acting like little schoolgirls. pathetic. not going to achieve anything good for boxing with attitudes like they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Sone saying HBO has more subscribers but this just came out today. I alreafy know 6 that are adding showtime because of this. And this was just in a matter of hours and only people i have talked too.
        Lol, ok come back when at least 6 million subscribers have switched networks. Maybe then some kind of logical debate can be made. Won't happen though cause as far as movies, exclusive series, documentaries etc goes, HBO is superior to Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by x2sasa
          Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

I wonder if this all happened cause GB wanted Paulie and HBO didn't. Nonetheless, HBO fed us all that bias crap about Broner all these years just to end like this.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

it all started when espinoza joined showtime, HBO not at fault here
          I understand that but when I read the opening statement of this article I get the impression that Broner vs Malignaggi is what sealed the deal with this whole situation.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
            Lol, ok come back when at least 6 million subscribers have switched networks. Maybe then some kind of logical debate can be made. Won't happen though cause as far as movies, exclusive series, documentaries etc goes, HBO is superior to Showtime.
            Yes i know itll take time but if HBO keeps putting on crap and showtime puts on good cards like they have then eventually fans will move or subscribe to both. I know i have both so doesnt matter to me but seems like a bad powerplay

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
              err.. but they did stick w/ hbo after eh?
              I think it more had to do with Pac's Fight Camp 360 yielding CBS the lowest ratings it had ever gotten in those time slots. If you want to invent some fake chivalry to make yourself feel better, go ahead. But you're lying to yourself if you think Arum/Pac going back to HBO had anything to do with loyalty or honor .

Comment

As I mentioned in another thread, Boxing is following the model of Professional Wrestling.

You'll see two different networks host two different Boxing programs and inevitably (and do not be surprised if this happens) the NETWORKS will create their own P4P list (I already see glimpses of it with Lampley's list on "Fight Game") on top of ranking system throughout the divisions their fighters are in. Both networks will try to sell the fans their BRAND of Boxing.

If it ever gets to this point, it'll be really tough for me to take Boxing seriously.

Comment

another TR vs GBP scenario smh....so how long this lawyer been working for GBP showtime?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    The problem is their is a limited amount of boxing cards showtime can do a year, they have a budget you know. If they worked with both networks that's more possible cards a year Golden Boy can work with and more money. It's good for Showtime but not necessarily good for Golden Boy.

I don't know if this is strictly Hershmans decision or not, but it doesn't help boxing at all.
                    I know what you're saying but it was HBO who pulled the plug not Golden Boy.

Also showtime has been showing almost all of the GB stable over the past year and a half apart from Broner and Floyd so I'm sure it's not going to break the bank to put on a couple of more shows a year. Maybe they could even stack up their cards.

Comment

Adrien "Mr. HBO" Broner.

Comment

Working...
                      X