Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last time I checked, Arum(& of course his company "Top Rank") has also done events on "showtime".. So this seems like there's something more going on between "Top Rank", "HBO" & "Golden Boy".../ / /:-) / / xx xx

Comment

In the big picture Showtime will never be able to surpass HBO as the #1 cable TV Premium Network.. The only thing that keeps Showtime alive is Boxing and late night soft ****. I have both, Showtime came free with my cable package while I choose to pay extra for HBO due to their superior programming.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Which has a lower audience. So GB is basically isolating themselves a bit. Much better for them to work with two networks rather than one since that means more money, more fights and larger audience.
        GB is getting paid regardless from the network and tbh with Floyd and the whole GB stable all moving over to Showtime I can see them getting a lot more subs. Plus they have CBS to advertise on and reach a lot more people.

Having said that HBO has still left the door open they've just said they wouldn't be working with GB for the 'foreseeable future' so it's open to interpretation.

Comment

why would anyone believe him when he took pac-mosley to showtime in 2011.

Originally posted by Twako View Post
          ... and ppl did not believe arum when he spoke about loyalty and cable network issues with making the donaire-mares fight. now we're seeing it.

Comment

Top Rank is a sinking ship & hbo just got hired as first mate!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              GB is getting paid regardless from the network and tbh with Floyd and the whole GB stable all moving over to Showtime I can see them getting a lot more subs.

Having said that HBO has still left the door open they've just said they wouldn't be working with GB for the 'foreseeable future' so it's open to interpretation.
              only problem is floyd takes a huge huge slice of the network's budget.

Comment

Now it makes sense why HBO went from hating on Bradley to loving the heck out of him. They should just change his name to Mr. HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                  why would anyone believe him when he took pac-mosley to showtime in 2011.
                  probably a one-time deal eh? they went back to hbo right after.

Comment

Right now, I can't complain. Top Rank is putting on some fantastic shows. Rios-Alvarado was epic. The televised portion of this weekend's card was sensational. Vargas and Lucky Boy Wale's fight was a dogfight. Bradley and Provodnikov was a mega dogfight. Rigo-Donaire I hope becomes a dogfight. WWII with Rios and Alvarado. Bob Arum and Top Rank falling in line with random testing. They put the pressure on Rigo to fall in. I don't like Bob Arum but I have to give him a ton of credit.

Comment

These promoters and networks are killing my beloved sport. What this means is we will never see. Rios vs garcia. Or any top 140lbs. Mares vs donaire out the window. Mayweather pacman. Mayweather vs martinez. Broner vs rios. I think I've had enough I'm cancelling hbo and showtime. Id rather watch the ufc

Comment

Working...
                      X