Bradley Once Again, WON THE FIGHT BUT STILL LOST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Its arguable that he even won the fight
    he won it in sven ottke land where a slip is when you fall onto your knees, get up, stagger back 10 feet, and hit the canvas again.

Comment

The way he fought should be commended he was hurt about a dozen times maybe more yet continued to fight back to his detrement and did his own solid work , this wasn't the same as the Pacquiao fight he could of lost but wasn't really a loser, although in the long -run this fight will be the begining of the end for him he's a KO waiting to happen as age and wear n tear gain a foothold

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        If they do have a rematch and he does do what he did after the first two rounds, he'll just be labeled a p*ssy/runner and say he cheated or something.
        I feel really bad for Bradley. Besides Cotto, he's the only other fighter I became a true fan of. I've been watching him since the Witter fight and what he did in that fight alone merits respect. He went to Europe to take the champ's belt and did so. But the moment I instantly became a Bradley fan was when he got smashed in the first round by Holt. It looked like the fight was over but Bradley had enough presence of mind to immediately get up, walk to the corner, take a knee and get his bearings. I was sold on him after that.

He went on to beat Lamont Peterson, Luis Carlos Abregu, and Lamont Peterson...back to back to back. The three of them were undefeated fighters, and two of them were highly touted. What was even more surprising was the little effort he dispatched them with. But even with all this, he wasn't becoming a superstar or anywhere near that.

I'm tempted to say things turned sour when he fought Pacquiao, but looking back on it, it was the moment he signed with Top Rank and the boxing community took it as his way of avoiding a Khan fight. Financially, it made sense as he DID get the Pacquiao fight, but at what cost?

He entered the public consciousness as a vilified persona; as "that guy" who robbed Pacquiao (when in reality, the hate should be directed at the judges). Through no fault of his own he has managed to gain notoriety by doing what any logical person would do in the cut-throat world of boxing: make sound financial decisions, stay out of trouble outside the ring, and fight your heart out inside of it. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he has no criminal record or done drugs, is always in phenomenal shape, doesn't have a lot of power but is willing to brawl with opponents. How can you really dislike the guy?

Now, here's the kicker. He could've made more money and taken less damage by fighting Peterson. Why didn't he? Though it's only speculation, you could say it was his way of getting some buzz going and trying to win fans' affection by fighting a come forward, aggressive fighter. But the irony is, he is somehow still short-changed. You put your life on the line, fight your ass off for 12 brutal rounds, probably not be the same afterwards, for less money, and what you get in return is a scoff from the public and an outpour of criticism.

Boxing is rough, man. It's the only sport you can get really really hurt and then still have individuals ridiculing as you're leaving the arena broken and battered.

Comment

Anyone booing Bradley last night was a moron. He gave an unbelievable display of heart and his entertainment value rating has soared. Fuck the critics.

Comment

Working...
          X