No announcement yet.

Why the hate on Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I cannot stand Broner personally. I think he's gotten at least 1 gift decision. And like Paulie said, how does 1 man fight a known dangerous fighter untelevised but Broner gets to fight Gavin Reese as a main event.

Make no mistake, I watch all his network fights cause I support the sport like dat. The minute he touches down on ppv, then I'll be streaming for free!!
    There's Broner stimulating fan interest for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      Yup, we definitely hate him cause he's black. Sounds like someone is playing VICTIM... AGAIN.
      I hate when his fans pull the race card, it's seriously outplayed by them. They do it so often too. But when their only options to defend the stuff he does is by saying "he young tho" or pulling the race card, we're bound to see one of the two.

Comment

His interviews are the biggest cause of his self inflicted hatred. His "persona" is too focused on one liners. I don't know if he has the ability to have a normal conversation with the way he sounds like a scripted moron. If people just saw Broner the boxer he'd have a shed load more respect.

Comment

Any high profile fighter that gives Paulie Malignaggi more exposure and the chance to make a decent payday is deserving of nothing but contempt, s'far as I see it.

Malignaggi is that turd that just won't flush away.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            I hate when his fans pull the race card, it's seriously outplayed by them. They do it so often too. But when their only options to defend the stuff he does is by saying "he young tho" or pulling the race card, we're bound to see one of the two.
            Its definitely a reason for some. You may not like that, but its definitely a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Monu View Post
              His interviews are the biggest cause of his self inflicted hatred. His "persona" is too focused on one liners. I don't know if he has the ability to have a normal conversation with the way he sounds like a scripted moron. If people just saw Broner the boxer he'd have a shed load more respect.
              Yeah, its like he is afraid to expose his serious side and when he does get serious, it seems awkward for him. You guys will see in time a lot of this has to do with his age. Of course not every young person is like that, but he is.

Comment

Well, of course you will. If you think those two things have nothing to do with it, then you are either a fool or you are young too and just haven't learned that yet. Come on man, I know you know better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  Its definitely a reason for some. You may not like that, but its definitely a reality.
                  It's more of a paranoia thing by his fans, they think criticizing Broner and his choices = I hate Broner because he's black, which is clearly not the case. A lot of the people I see criticize Broner are fans of other African American boxers, so it's definitely not that.

But I mean if they think pulling the race card over and over is progressive, so be it.

Comment

It's more of a paranoia thing by his fans, they think criticizing Broner and his choices = I hate Broner because he's black, which is clearly not the case. A lot of the people I see criticize Broner are fans of other African American boxers, so it's definitely not that.

But I mean if they think pulling the race card over and over is progressive, so be it.
                    Well, of course its not everyone. I do realize that, but it is a valid reason in some cases. I don't see what the issue is with that. I named about 5 different things people hate about him and that one thing seems to have hit a nerve with a couple of you for some reason. Is there a chance it might pertain to you both? Because sometimes being guilty of something results in the denial of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      Well, of course its not everyone. I do realize that, but it is a valid reason in some cases. I don't see what the issue is with that. I named about 5 different things people hate about him and that one thing seems to have hit a nerve with a couple of you for some reason. Is there a chance it might pertain to you both? Because sometimes being guilty of something results in the denial of it.
                      Probably because we're tired of seeing Broner fans pulling the race card over and over.

Comment

Working...
                      X