Ward: If Floyd Mayweather has a problem with me , he can pick up the phone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward: If Floyd Mayweather has a problem with me , he can pick up the phone

From FH:

"If Floyd Mayweather has a problem with me or something that I said, he can pick up the phone and we can talk about it like men," stated undefeated super middleweight king Andre Ward, who kept it short and sweet when responding to recent comments made about him by undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. In a recent interview, Mayweather took a number of shots at Ward, questioning, among other things, his ability to sell tickets outside of his hometown of Oakland, California.

Mayweather's comments were likely motivated by the fact that Ward recently voiced his support for long-time friend and fellow Bay Area native Robert Guerrero, who will obviously try to dethrone the pound-for-pound king on May 4. Instead of engaging in a public war of words, Ward let it be known that he stands by his comments, as well as his friend, and if Mayweather has any issues that need to be addressed, he's more than willing to discuss them in private over the phone.
    Floyd Mayweather
    13.13%
    Andre Ward
    86.87%

The poll is expired.

Ward is a stand up guy, and a true gentleman. He shouldn't even have responded to that pile of crap from Floyd.

Comment

By the same token couldn't Andre Ward also pick up the phone and squash this or take a visit to Mayweather's gym~

Responding back he can call me through fight hype just continues the public beef~ which does benefit Ward.

Comment

how the **** does ward make 160 without literally killing himself?

Comment

I'd rather he didn't respond, but that's a good way to do so. No Twitter or media beef, if Mayweather has something to say, Ward will talk about it like a man. Hopefully this is the only thing he has to say on it.

Comment

Ward...your not big enough to get a call from floyd. You picked your side and floyd said what he had to say. Thats the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              By the same token couldn't Andre Ward also pick up the phone and squash this or take a visit to Mayweather's gym~

Responding back he can call me through fight hype just continues the public beef~ which does benefit Ward.
              I agree with how Ward handled it.

He was fired at publically, so he responded so he doesn't look like a *****, but responded in a mature manner.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                Ward is a stand up guy, and a true gentleman. He shouldn't even have responded to that pile of crap from Floyd.
                I don't consider this a response. FightHype called him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

The beef is only on Mayweather's end. Ward doesn't give a **** about Mayweather's insecurities.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    I don't consider this a response. FightHype called him.
                    True.........

Comment

Working...
                    X