Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PPV Buys will Mayweather-Guerrero, Mares- De leon May 4th card do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Without a doubt, just look at some of the drivel he comes out with
    LOL. I thought it was really how funny he even brought that number up, as it was debunked a while ago. But, I give Deevel credit, one of the more loyal Gayfeather fans that still posts here.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      LOL. I thought it was really how funny he even brought that number up, as it was debunked a while ago. But, I give Deevel credit, one of the more loyal Gayfeather fans that still posts here.

He was one of the maddest people the week after December 8th...really I should thank him for providing me with as much amusement as he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        What did it say that wasn't true? There was indeed a lot of talk about how that fight uunderperformed in terms of ppv sales. So if it did in fact do 850k, then I don't see how a fight with the lesser known guerrero could surpass it. That's the reason for me even bringing that up. Is that not the point of this thread?
        Jesus christ, I just told you that was Steve Kim who said it and he took it back saying his source was wrong.

It did 1.25 million buys
        http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...nally-released

WTF the Ring website is blocked on boxingscene?

anyway here's a quote from the website you could have found at the top of google if you bothered looking.
        "Mayweather-Ortiz generated buys from 1.25 million homes with a value of $78,440,000 in pay-per-view revenue, according to statements released on Friday. The money generated from the WBC welterweight title bout make the event, which included undercard bouts with popular Mexican fighters Erik Morales and Saul Alvarez, the second highest grossing non-heavyweight pay-per-view event of all time."
        Last edited by croz; 03-04-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Reports coming from many sources said that the Mayweather /Ortiz fight did around 850k buys and not the 1.25mil buys that shaefer reported. Up until then HBO would release Floyds ppv buy rate. For some reason they didn't release the #'s for that fight. I say this fight with guerrero does no more than 800k buys. Still nothing to sneeze at but I think the unknown guerrero won't help carry this fight over the 1mil mark.
          Mayweather is a known liar. It would not be uncommon to expect such guy and everyone around him exaggerate his numbers. He throws numbers such as $30 million guarantee, etc. Who in the world guarantees himself? He can basically throw any number. No wonder IRS is always after his ass.

BTW, it's common knowledge that Mayweather vs Ortiz did less than 1M PPV despite the fact that it was peppered with Mexican stars.

Comment

I think it does hatton like numbers which was like 900 thousand or so. That's not bad. But with card looking stacked the way it sounds then it might pass 1 million.

Comment

HBO never released Floyd-Ortiz PPV numbers and more of the legit sources claimed it did poorly. It did around 850k which isn't really impressive.

Comment

No they don't have to be publicly announced but unlike Top Rank which is a private company, HBO/TW has to be transparent with their bookkeeping as they're publicly traded and are beholden to shareholders and the NYSE.

If there was any cooking of the books, it would have come to light months ago.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10992.html

10/09/11 - Twenty-two days after the fight, Steve Kim clarifies that he does not believe there were 850,000 buys, but instead, a number right around 1 million buys.

"I believe it did right around a mill"

http://twitter.com/#!/stevemaxboxing...32674147074048

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/di1a3q

Steve Kim Jong Il can't get his numbers straight.

The thing is those #'s don't have to be publicly announced therefore we may never know what that fthat really did. theyre in the books for those who need to know.

Comment

Ben Thompson Muhammad X of Fighthype

Comment

And that matters how since that's Kim's own twitter.

smh.

Drinking that Kim Chi flavor Haterade huh?

lmao.

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    Ben Thompson Muhammad X of Fighthype

Comment

Working...
                    X