Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PPV Buys will Mayweather-Guerrero, Mares- De leon May 4th card do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.3-1.4mil

Comment

Reports coming from many sources said that the Mayweather /Ortiz fight did around 850k buys and not the 1.25mil buys that shaefer reported. Up until then HBO would release Floyds ppv buy rate. For some reason they didn't release the #'s for that fight. I say this fight with guerrero does no more than 800k buys. Still nothing to sneeze at but I think the unknown guerrero won't help carry this fight over the 1mil mark.
      Last edited by Deevel916; 03-04-2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Wheres the option for less than 900k?

The fact that this is on showtime means less buys

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Wheres the option for less than 900k?

The fact that this is on showtime means less buys
          I just don't see why people think that him fighting on showtime will result in more buys as if the boxing public cares what channel/network the fight is on. He can fight on the animal channel and if people want to see him they will turn to the animal channel to do so.

Comment

The Showtime negativity could be overrated. I mean they are still going to show the fight camp stuff on CBS so atleast the same, if not more will see it then was on HBO. Not only that but I think the HBO 24/7 stuff was becoming redundant. I think the Showtime thing could give a new look/energy to Floyd. I think people will like Fight camp's vibe.

Not only that but PPV is PPV. Its not like you have to have Showtime to buy it. They could buy it just like it was an HBO PPV

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Reports coming from many sources said that the Mayweather /Ortiz fight did around 650k buys and not the 1.25mil buys that shaefer reported. Up until then HBO would release Floyds ppv buy rate. For some reason they didn't release the #'s for that fight. I say this fight with guerrero does no more than 800k buys. Still nothing to sneeze at but I think the unknown guerrero won't help carry this fight over the 1mil mark.
              That's true, and HBO never officially released the numbers like they usually do.

Comment

So May - Ortiz did 650k? that's worse than Pacquiao Clottey

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  The Showtime negativity could be overrated. I mean they are still going to show the fight camp stuff on CBS so atleast the same, if not more will see it then was on HBO. Not only that but I think the HBO 24/7 stuff was becoming redundant. I think the Showtime thing could give a new look/energy to Floyd. I think people will like Fight camp's vibe.

Not only that but PPV is PPV. Its not like you have to have Showtime to buy it. They could buy it just like it was an HBO PPV
                  Exactly. PPV is PPV. It won't make a difference which network is hosting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    So May - Ortiz did 650k? that's worse than Pacquiao Clottey
                    Correction, it was actually 850k buys that I read. Don't know if that's exactly what it did but sources claim that it was in that area and far less than what shaefer claimed it did. This could be another reason why HBO decided to let floyd walk. He was demanding more than what they felt he was worth.

Here's a link to a report that states floyd/Ortiz did 850k buys

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Kim1013a11.htm
                    Last edited by Deevel916; 03-04-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

no more than 1.2mill i'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
                      X