Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PPV Buys will Mayweather-Guerrero, Mares- De leon May 4th card do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Reports coming from many sources said that the Mayweather /Ortiz fight did around 650k buys and not the 1.25mil buys that shaefer reported. Up until then HBO would release Floyds ppv buy rate. For some reason they didn't release the #'s for that fight. I say this fight with guerrero does no more than 800k buys. Still nothing to sneeze at but I think the unknown guerrero won't help carry this fight over the 1mil mark.
    850,000 not 650,000

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
      850,000 not 650,000
      I actually corrected it already. Thx

Comment

That's a Steve Kim article, enough said.

But regardless, HBO is owned by Time Warner which is publicly traded, their books have to be open (unlike TR), so the numbers have to come out eventually.

Correction, it was actually 850k buys that I read. Don't know if that's exactly what it did but sources claim that it was in that area and far less than what shaefer claimed it did. This could be another reason why HBO decided to let floyd walk. He was demanding more than what they felt he was worth.

Here's a link to a report that states floyd/Ortiz did 850k buys

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Kim1013a11.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
          How many PPV Buys will this card do?
          1.2 It will still do good because Mayweather has been gone so long.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
            That's a Steve Kim article, enough said.

But regardless, HBO is owned by Time Warner which is put here traded, their books have to be open (unlike TR), so the numbers have to come out eventually.
            The thing is those #'s don't have to be publicly announced therefore we may never know what that fthat really did. theyre in the books for those who need to know.

Comment

Reports coming from many sources said that the Mayweather /Ortiz fight did around 850k buys and not the 1.25mil buys that shaefer reported. Up until then HBO would release Floyds ppv buy rate. For some reason they didn't release the #'s for that fight. I say this fight with guerrero does no more than 800k buys. Still nothing to sneeze at but I think the unknown guerrero won't help carry this fight over the 1mil mark.
              Steve Kim was the one who said that but he took it back ages ago.

Funny how you remember the report from that one guy yet failed to notice the slew of other sources reporting 1 million plus.

Comment

Me versus Kimbo would sell more

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will do just over a million at the very least. Mayweather hasn't fought in a long time and Guerrero presents an interesting challenge. He can make Mayweather look every bit of his age. The dads them selves might even add to the hype of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                    Steve Kim was the one who said that but he took it back ages ago.

Funny how you remember the report from that one guy yet failed to notice the slew of other sources reporting 1 million plus.
                    Well I remember it because it was the only fight in recent history where HBO didn't release Floyds ppv numbers.

Comment

1.15 million

Comment

Working...
                      X