Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually don't make Mayweather threads, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    Imagine if anyone else had Mayweather's resume. What if someone like Guerrero had Mayweather's resume? Defeat Oscar at 154, which was his first fight at that weight. Defeat Marquez, say what you will about the weight issue or whatever. Marquez is a tough fight for anyone. An undefeated Hatton. Ranked number 1 welterweight version of Shane Mosley (literally his next fight after Margarito destruction). Ortiz, a decade younger, bigger, more active fighter who did what he did to the undefeated Berto. And Miguel Cotto at 154 who was ranked number 1 at that weight I believe.

Just stop and think, if anyone else had this kind of resume. Imagine if this was Pacquiao's resume. People would be changing their tunes. But the fact is, it's Mayweather's resume, therefore, it's trash.
    You forgot to mention he won these fights with ease and took minimal punishment.

Comment

I've said it before; Floyd gets no props because there's nothing sports fans hate as much as a guy that wins every time and makes it look easy. It's like the haords of people that hated on prime Kobe-era Lakers or the Patriots or the Cowboys back in the day.

Look down boxing history to the fighters who were undefeated for long periods; Louis, Marciano, Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Chavez, Lewis. No one gave them any credit at the time, said they were fighting bum or past-prime opponents. Floyd is the same.

There's an article that got posted here from ESPN years ago. It said that Floyd was a great talent, but the fans will never give him any credit until he fights a certain level of opponent, and then listed five guys; Corrales, Castillo, Hatton, Tszyu, and De La Hoya.

Floyd fought and beat them all except Tszyu, who lost to Hatton. And still he gets no credit, all because he's an extraordinarily talented fighter who's personality they can't stand.

The thing with me is, I don't even like the guy. I didn't watch the Cotto fight until days after, and only because people said it was a good fight. I haven't give a **** about a Floyd bout since Mosley, I'm a much bigger fan of Manny, but to these wierdos on NSB anyone that defends Mayweather is a nuthugger, floydiot, whatever. They can't comprehend that to real-ass lifelong fans of the sport, it's not "my favorite fighter's legacy versus your favorite fighters legacy." It's about the skills and the fights. That's why I feel the need to defend Floyds ******ed ass so often; new fans coming in just jump on the bandwagon and miss the whole point of showing respect for the fighters that are able to do it on such a high level.

I never disrespect any fighter that does it on an elite level. Except Zab Judah.

Comment

He fights once every year or two...for $50 Million

what's wrong with wanting him to fight the best possible opponent that's a real challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
          look up an indirect statement how do i do that?but i did read when arum said floyd wanted to fight oscar and that arum wanted no part of it and arum also said that floyd was willing to sign the contract to fight margarito if he was promised 10 mill for fights with miguel and hatton and those are not indirect statements.

after floyd beat diego evryone realize that he was as good as people thought he was so from that point on there was no one who honestly was considered a threat to floyd because floyd is that good.fighters like bam bam get credit for beating certain opponents because people have doubts in their mind about him so when he does win its a big deal because people think there is a possibility of him losing but thats not because he is fighting big threats its just that people don't have the confidence in his skills like people have in someone like broner
          Good post. Found this on another website:

ESPN’s Dan Rafeal reported on this. The reason for the split between Mayweather and Top Rank was reported as follows in Rafeal’s 2006 article on ESPN.com.

“Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in.

‘That’s not in the cards,’ Arum said. ‘He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold’em and when to fold’em.’”

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
            The amount of hate that I see on this board for Floyd is crazy and foolish...
            haters are usually crazy and foolish

Comment

holy liberal circlejerk

Comment

Floyd talks too much and makes hypocritical statements.

Calls himself GOAT, only fights 1 or 2 times a year. Wants to call himself better than SRR er SRL or Ali because they've lost and he hasn't.

That's why I dislike him.

If Floyd said all that crap and proceeded to back it up by taking on tough challenges and fighting more than once or twice a year, I would dislike him a lot less.

Comment

right on...in boxing u need a villan...with his arrogance he's a perfect target...he has no prob flaunting his wealth and denouncing opponent talents...when he was just pretty boy..he was more humble...but not putting butts in seats..

than he doesn't have a culture behind him like pac or like hatton..so he's not sum type of god like figure

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                    I don't care if Floyd loses, I want him to take real tough challenges and prove he is what he says he is. He claims to be the GOAT. Prove it you chicken ****. Stop fighting lightweights.
                    In other words "You want him to prove what YOU know he is.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      holy liberal circlejerk
                      Where is this in the Floyd hate threads? Oh thats right you don't post **** like that there you join in and troll. FOH.

Comment

Working...
                      X