Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually don't make Mayweather threads, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys ever wonder why floyd's biggest win to date is diego corrales?..lol , thats right , think it over gentlemen , it aint rocket science...

Comment

All broke people have is their hate so let them hate.......#MoneyTeam

Comment

Nobody takes Pac's 8th "SWW" belt seriously, he vacated on the spot. Floyd is 2x SWW champ, currently ranked #1, in his 5th division. Is it too much to expect him to fight the best opponents at the weight like Martinez or Trout, or even hypejobs like Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          This isn't even the point that I'm making.

The number of fights isn't what I'm talking about. It's WHO he's expected to fight. He can't fight a guy who moves up to WW and wins a title, but he is expected to fight every champion/contender between 154 and 160, because he won a title at 154.

Mayweather vs. Guerrero at 147 (Mayweather's weight class). Guerrero is too small.

Mayweather vs. Canelo/Martinez/Trout (Not Mayweather's weight classes). Mayweather isn't too small.

There's a ton of people on here claiming that they won't even give credit to Floyd for beating Martinez unless it's at 160.

If you don't see the hypocrisy, then I don't know what to tell you.
          So what you're saying Floyd's 5th title is paper, barely a grade above Pac's 8th? He'll only fight at SWW versus guys that started 140 or below?

Comment

His MO for 154 has always been to move up only when there's a big money fight available. DLH, Cotto, and in all likelihood Canelo. He's nowhere near a true JMW and obviously has no plans to be a full-time JMW. Trout couldn't fill a VW Beetle with his fanbase. Martinez is busy at 160 for the foreseeable future and let's not pretend that if Floyd called him out at 154, the worthless Pac stans wouldn't scream that he's draining Sergio. SMH.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Nobody takes Pac's 8th "SWW" belt seriously, he vacated on the spot. Floyd is 2x SWW champ, currently ranked #1, in his 5th division. Is it too much to expect him to fight the best opponents at the weight like Martinez or Trout, or even hypejobs like Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
              His MO for 154 has always been to move up only when there's a big money fight available. DLH, Cotto, and in all likelihood Canelo. He's nowhere near a true JMW and obviously has no plans to be a full-time JMW. Trout couldn't fill a VW Beetle with his fanbase. Martinez is busy at 160 for the foreseeable future and let's not pretend that if Floyd called him out at 154, the worthless Pac stans wouldn't scream that he's draining Sergio. SMH.
              Well ****, people here proclaimed Pac a welter for moving up from 135 (single fight there!) for probably triple his best payday, to come in as underdog to unranked at welter DLH. Floyd is currently ranked #1 at 154 by Ring, here, ESPN, everyone. Martinez would drop everything to get a Floyd fight, and I'm sure Canelo (or any SWW contender) would fight him on May 4, or Sept, anytime. And Guerrero is no draw, so not sure why Trout is out.

Basically you seem to be conceding Floyd's SWW belts are paper.

Comment

LOL! Some Floyd fans don't know how to count. In the last 6 years Floyd fought only 4 times while the others fought 12 fights or more. You can easily see here who is robbing his fans money or who is taking the risk by fighting more opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                  Jesus Christ, this guy gets crucified on here for things that other guys get a pass for.

Guerrero can move up to 147, win a belt, and Mayweather isn't supposed to fight him because he's "too small." Despite the fact that Mayweather isn't big to start with.

Mayweather wins a title at 154, he has to fight Canelo (miraculously, Mayweather isn't "too small" in this situation). He is also supposed to fight Martinez, another fight where Floyd isn't "too small."

Mayweather is said to be "ducking" Canelo, because Canelo made a silly demand, and acted like a diva. Nevermind the fact that Canelo makes a (damn good) living off of avoiding top opposition.

Mayweather acts like a diva, and makes a silly demand, and guess what? Mayweather's ducking again.

Pacquiao wins a vacant title (at a catchweight of 150) and is praised, never expected to defend the title against a legit 154lber.

I could go on, obviously, but I think you get it.

Call it whatever you want, but it's the reason that with every day that passes, people take this place less and less serious.
                  You have it all wrong.

It's not because Guerrero is small. It's that Guerrero moved up from 135, 0 fights at 140 and has a very questionable record at 147. Same goes with Ortiz, Hatton, Marquez, Sharmba, .... and the only established ones were passed their prime/old ......

What did Guerrero do at 147? He did what Ortiz did. Beat a defenseless Berto WITHOUT PEDS!!! A clueless (defensive) Berto that tried to be Floyd for the first part of the fight.

Remember that not too long ago, they were close to putting Khan in with Floyd but he lost his last fight ..... another guy with no or little WW experience ....... That is laughable!
                  Last edited by ADP02; 02-27-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

smh

The amount of hate that I see on this board for Floyd is crazy and foolish...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      they've been named plenty of times and this has been done to death .. everyone obviosuly was asking for the margarito fight given thats one of the biggest criticsm people have on him , not fighting margarito .. even he admitted he ducked margo in one of his interview (look it up ) indirectly...retiring when his weightclass was hot then returning when they elimated eachother?..sh111ttt...you ever wonder why his biggest win to date is diego corrales?
                      look up an indirect statement how do i do that?but i did read when arum said floyd wanted to fight oscar and that arum wanted no part of it and arum also said that floyd was willing to sign the contract to fight margarito if he was promised 10 mill for fights with miguel and hatton and those are not indirect statements.

after floyd beat diego evryone realize that he was as good as people thought he was so from that point on there was no one who honestly was considered a threat to floyd because floyd is that good.fighters like bam bam get credit for beating certain opponents because people have doubts in their mind about him so when he does win its a big deal because people think there is a possibility of him losing but thats not because he is fighting big threats its just that people don't have the confidence in his skills like people have in someone like broner

Comment

Working...
                      X