No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Based on the fact Matthysse brings things to the table Canelo doesn't.

He will bring the fight to Mayweather for 12 rounds with KO power in both hands and rough him up and at the age of 37 I see him having issues with that.

I don't see Mayweather having issues with someone with the (lack of) stamina that Canelo has and who throws so little punches.
    You can't just assume that he's going to have KO power in both hands at 47 just because he has it at 40. Especially against a guy like Mayweather when he hasn't been in the ring with anyone near as skilled. The closest thing that he's seen to Mayweather is Judah(whio isn't close to Mayweather himself) and that was a toss up fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PurePugilist216 View Post
      Guerrero has way more tools then Mattysse, in fact if the 2 ever foughtt he would also put a nice 12 round beating on Mattysse, you guys are hyping him up even more then GGG or Bute ever was on here
      Maybe fans like GGG and Matthysse because they knock out decent fighters about 4 times a year and they have never even been knocked down. They will fight anybody that dares to get in the ring with them. I make money betting on these two "hype jobs" and that other "hype job" Canelo every time they fight. They are my favorites. Guerrero is game but Matthysse has far more tools than Guerrero. Guerrero is sort of a one handed fighter. His slapping right hook is a weak punch. Matthysse throws bombs with both hands. Guerrero was knocked down by old Casamayor and Matthysse has never been down or hurt and has never lost a fight in the minds of most fans. If he fights Guerrero I'll bet big on Lucas to win that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I actually don't think the Mayweather and Matthysse performances warranted as much hype because they didn't beat particularly good opponents.

Trout and Donaire are legit top fighters at the weight. Peterson and Guerrero were not.
        I'm just glad to see Matthysse finally get his due. He's been waiting long enough to get the recognition he deserves.

The Peterson performance, when it comes down to it, wasn't anything out of the ordinary for him. It wasn't inevitable by any means, but if you'd been paying attention to what this guy has been doing you wouldn't have been shocked by it either. A lot of people weren't paying attention and got their eyes opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          I actually don't think the Mayweather and Matthysse performances warranted as much hype because they didn't beat particularly good opponents.

Trout and Donaire are legit top fighters at the weight. Peterson and Guerrero were not.
          If Guerrero isn't one of the top fighters at 47, then who are the top fighters at 47?

Comment

• Matthysse is getting so big that he needs his own fucking thread. I didn't predict the reaction would be this big.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ
              Matthysse is getting so big that he needs his own ****ing thread. I didn't predict the reaction would be this big.
              "Lucas Matthysse Master Thread"

This is fkin awesome.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                I'm just glad to see Matthysse finally get his due. He's been waiting long enough to get the recognition he deserves.

The Peterson performance, when it comes down to it, wasn't anything out of the ordinary for him. It wasn't inevitable by any means, but if you'd been paying attention to what this guy has been doing you wouldn't have been shocked by it either. A lot of people weren't paying attention and got their eyes opened.
                Pretty much, for many people it's a matter of Matthysse receiving his due for past performances as much as this win.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                If Guerrero isn't one of the top fighters at 47, then who are the top fighters at 47?
                Pacquiao, Marquez, Mayweather, Bradley are the top fighters at 147.

Guerrero only had two (just 2) fights at the weight, Aydin who is poor and Berto.

Compare with PFP Donaire and Austin Trout.

Comment

• Mods are so damn fickle on this forum now-a-days...

"Do this or I'll ban you"... Ya, people are going to come in droves to post here now.

Comment

• This thread has more replies than the Mayweather thread. Lucas the new cash cow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci
                      Mods are so damn fickle on this forum now-a-days...

"Do this or I'll ban you"... Ya, people are going to come in droves to post here now.
                      I will admit that they deleted some good threads. They had a buncha replies with good discussion in them too.

Comment

Working...
                      X