Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karim "Hard Hitta" Mayfield calls out Lucas Matthysse, says he knocks him out!

Oh and if you're wondering who the guy is with 49 KO's that Mayfield knocked out, it's Roberto Valenzuela, look him up on boxrec, he's a beast.

Last edited by UTEP; 05-26-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Karim is my boy but Lucas takes him to the trenches and kills him.

Comment

• Mayfield ass straight up ass lol... Tell him to line up. One of the reasons why I love Lucas is cause he's little by little taking out every fighter I don't like. Alexander, PEDerson and Garcia is next. Then maybe Mayfield if Floyd doesn't fight Lucas.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Idk what fight it was but I saw Karim on HBO before and he just was not good.

Comment

• Us who actually watch and study Matthysse knew about this stuff written on the breakdown. Its a superb breakdown nonetheless and a good read for the haters who think he's a face first brawler who only possesses power.

I was actually amazed by how much he was making PEDerson miss.

A breakdown for a face first brawler such as Rios would read like this:
            Here you see Rios moving in with 0 movement and no jab. He takes 3 shots to the face before throwing a punch of his own but misses. Once his opponent moves out of position he resets and starts coming in again. He takes another 2 shots and finally lands one of his own!

Comment

• That type of movement is what Lucas will need vs Mayweather. He will also have to be on top of his game cutting the ring off.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                That type of movement is what Lucas will need vs Mayweather. He will also have to be on top of his game cutting the ring off.

And he's going to have to convincingly win the rounds. Luckily Lucas doesn't head hunt, he taps that body and keeps working. Almost all Floyd's opponents lost steam and enthusiasm in about four rounds or so because they don't think they can actually win anymore. If Floyd holds like Lamont was, piss him off and get him off his game. Easier said than done with Floyd, but it's his best shot at winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

That type of movement is what Lucas will need vs Mayweather. He will also have to be on top of his game cutting the ring off.

And he's going to have to convincingly win the rounds. Luckily Lucas doesn't head hunt, he taps that body and keeps working. Almost all Floyd's opponents lost steam and enthusiasm in about four rounds or so because they don't think they can actually win anymore. If Floyd holds like Lamont was, piss him off and get him off his game. Easier said than done with Floyd, but it's his best shot at winning.
                  Most of these guys get mentally broken down and just give up vs Floyd. I don't think Lucas feels emotions in the ring. Outside the ring tho... totally different. Lol

Floyd can be dirty on the inside but apparently Lucas can be too (not Ortiz style obviously). So how will Floyd react to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Most of these guys get mentally broken down and just give up vs Floyd. I don't think Lucas feels emotions in the ring. Outside the ring tho... totally different. Lol

Floyd can be dirty on the inside but apparently Lucas can be too (not Ortiz style obviously). So how will Floyd react to that?

In the ring, he never loses focus on the task. I don't even think the mega fight vibe would throw him off, like I think it did to Ortiz.

I would expect him to complain to the ref. Hopefully we get a ref that isn't conned into bending over backwards for him, a Weeks or Bayless. He needs to be warned for the constant holding if he does that, for some reason refs are warning him on a clear foul. Byrd let him hold Guerrero like crazy at points with no warning.

Comment

• Somehow Floyd always ends up with a very favorable ref... coincidence? -_-

Lucas seems like he studies his opponent in the ring. He explained it after the Dallas Jr fight and his team said they don't really watch tapes. Mayweather could be predictable with his right hand (like I've said before). He keeps flicking the jab while squaring up his body little by little then he finally throws it. The only problem is how quick he throws it. So if you keep moving constantly you can make him miss or make him reset and take advantage of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X