No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
    He might not beat Floyd but he does a hell of a lot better that Guerrero did.
    based on what exactly? Power? It has to be power because Guerrero is faster, bigger and a better boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Sampson Lewkowicz , just like he did with Pacquiao, was the guy who brought Matthysse to the US. Coincidence?
      And Sergio. He's the Jerry West of boxing scouts.

If you don't get the reference, Jerry West is very good at evaluating NBA talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by PurePugilist216 View Post
        So everyone thinks he gives Floyd a tough fight but now its unfair to put him in with likes of Ortizm Maidana, and Lopez?
        I can only speak for myself and my comments on a Mayweather bout were made with with the proviso that Matthysse's power and punch-resistance carries up.

Generally though I don't like talking about him against 147 opponents because we simply don't know how he'd fare there.

And I think Rios would do great against him, Rios would smother his punches and would dominate on the inside. Rios’ chin great as well, stylistically that fight favors Rios
        Seems to me Rios doesn't smother that much, he just goes head to head with his opponent in a tree chopping match which his chin wins - but I don't think it would win against Matthysse.

Comment

• Let Matthysse's fans have their time. People have hangovers after every masterclass performance they see.

Rigondeaux
          Canelo
          Mayweather
          Matthysse

The same post fight threads were made after all of these fights. And for good reasons. They all put on incredible performances and are worthy of the praise.

Comment

• He's not like Pacquiao at all. He's not nearly as fast, explosive or tempestuous in the ring. He's also not plowing through humongous 154lbs. fighters like they're stuffed with straw.

The only thing they have in common is power, granite chin, and hype.

Comment

• Like most others have said, I have been a fan for quite a while.

Comment

• No those are not Matthysse "FANS", the ones who are talking **** are not Matthysse fans at all, those are bandwagon fans looking for a new Bandwagon to jump on and they are using Matthysse to talk trash about other fighters like Danny Garcia and Adrien Broner and even Floyd Mayweather

Just look at the idiots who are trolling and talking the most trash after Matthysse victory, then search their Post History and see how many times have they posted about Matthysse in the past

During the Chavez Jr vs Martinez build up some of them was talking **** about Argentinians now they are the same ones on Matthysse Bandwagon pretending like they always been a fan of his

Matthysse is a damn good fighter with amazing power, the man is long over due for some hype but yeah of course some people are going to take things TOO FAR and start accusing everybody of ducking him

Comment

• Been a fan since the Judah fight, and became my favorite fighter after the Ajose fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Let Matthysse's fans have their time. People have hangovers after every masterclass performance they see.

Rigondeaux
                    Canelo
                    Mayweather
                    Matthysse

The same post fight threads were made after all of these fights. And for good reasons. They all put on incredible performances and are worthy of the praise.
                    I actually don't think the Mayweather and Matthysse performances warranted as much hype because they didn't beat particularly good opponents.

Trout and Donaire are legit top fighters at the weight. Peterson and Guerrero were not.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpPA...e_gdata_player

Somebody embed this for me^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X