No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Lucas is Danny's worst nightmare. It's as true now as it was a year ago. Garcia wants to counter in the pocket, that's what he's all about. He's just coming up against a guy who has as much boxing ability, a better chin, and more power.

I thought Peterson was a legit threat, but there is no way that Danny Garcia can beat Matthysse.
    I see it the same way but it will be great while it lasts.

Comment

• Was Adrien Broner at that fight shouting s*** to Matthysse??? Or maybe I misheard the commentators....

Comment

• Originally posted by CaneloFan View Post
        Was Adrien Broner at that fight shouting s*** to Matthysse??? Or maybe I misheard the commentators....
        He was shouting Holy ****, holy ****, that N igga can punch. sounds more like praise to me, but who knows.

Comment

Lucas is Danny's worst nightmare. It's as true now as it was a year ago. Garcia wants to counter in the pocket, that's what he's all about. He's just coming up against a guy who has as much boxing ability, a better chin, and more power.

I thought Peterson was a legit threat, but there is no way that Danny Garcia can beat Matthysse.
          The other thing is, Matthysse is not gonna respect Garcia's power as much as Judah did. Lucas will step into the flames to land his own, he's not gonna play games in there. Danny is gonna look to counter with the left hook when LM throws the straight right to the body. Either he lands and hurts LM, or he leaves himself out of position and gets caught with a sweeping left hook. There are gonna be some dangerous exchanges.

Comment

• Well done to Matthysse. With performances like that and Haymon in his corner this guy is going places. Good job.

Comment

Garcia is open for shots when he stands and looks to exchange with you but what happens if Garcia lands first?

Anybody can be hurt with a shot they don't see so he does have a chance and that is the intrigue of the fight.

Comment

• that was some Rocky vs Appollo creed type stuff, cept Matthysse's shot landed a few millimeter's earlier and ofcourse he evidently hits hard enough to drop a gorilla.

How does everyone feel about the winner of Garcia v Matthysse being one of Floyd's remaining 5 fights???

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  that was some Rocky vs Appollo creed type stuff, cept Matthysse's shot landed a few millimeter's earlier and ofcourse he evidently hits hard enough to drop a gorilla.

How does everyone feel about the winner of Garcia v Matthysse being one of Floyd's remaining 5 fights???
                  That's the best foreseeable fight for Mayweather besides Alvarez. Maybe including Alvarez, if the ginger doesn't fight anyone legit between now and next year.

Whoever wins Matthysse-Garcia is going to have ridiculous hype, and they'll be the best at 140. Good, good fight for Mayweather, especially if either Lucas or Danny wins impressively.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    That's the best foreseeable fight for Mayweather besides Alvarez. Maybe including Alvarez, if the ginger doesn't fight anyone legit between now and next year.

Whoever wins Matthysse-Garcia is going to have ridiculous hype, and they'll be the best at 140. Good, good fight for Mayweather, especially if either Lucas or Danny wins impressively.
                    what about the winner of khan/alexander getting a shot at floyd next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      that was some Rocky vs Appollo creed type stuff, cept Matthysse's shot landed a few millimeter's earlier and ofcourse he evidently hits hard enough to drop a gorilla.

i like it. that would be a solid fight next year.

i hope we get mayweather/canelo and khan/alexander too.

Comment

Working...
                      X