Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Cruise

Only problem with this there were plenty of Matthysse fans before the Peterson fight. Loads of anti-Matthysse posters were complaining about the hype he was getting. Obviously he's added fans after the win but so what? If you cant add fans after a 3 round ko of a top top opponent then when can you?

Also to add to the discussion about Matt's subtle skills... I feel he controls distance better than pretty much any pressure fighter in the sport. The amount of times Peterson, Judah and Peterson were falling short with their punches (against a smaller guy as well) was crazy. Part of it is head movement, part of it is fear of what is coming back, but mostly his footwork is excellent! He barely even flinches most of the time when guys are throwing punches at him because he knows he is out of range. Then if they stray into his punching range for a split second its pop pop pop, hard punches to body and head and the other guy goes back to trying to stay out of range.

It really is great to watch.

I knew there was a Lucas gang on here during the Judah and Alexander fights...I can damn near point them ALL out...there wasn't many of them

after Khan was iced by Garcia the Lucas gang grew in numbers....so when Dallas Jr. got ****d by Lucas and Garcia's name became attached to his...the gang grew even more...so during the Peterson build up there was plenty of riders....no bonafied riders just leeches....they know who they are and the REAL Lucas fans from day uno know who they are...I know who they are as well....but it don't really matter....fan bases are suppose to grow when a fighter performs well...I just hope the gang stays loyal after he takes "L" in September though
    Idk why y'all keep bringing up Dallas Jr. The Lucas gang was already at full effect since the Soto and Ajose fight. The only reason why we blew up after Dallas Jr was cause of the way it ended and how he did it. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Idk why y'all keep bringing up Dallas Jr. The Lucas gang was already at full effect since the Soto and Ajose fight. The only reason why we blew up after Dallas Jr was cause of the way it ended and how he did it. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself.

I know plenty of us have been calling Matthysse among the best, if not the best, at 140 for at least a year or a year and a half. He's been in the conversation since the Judah and Alexander fights.

I love how people forget the "If Matthysse is any good, he'll blow Dallas Jr. out in 3 rounds" and "Dallas Jr. will make Matthysse look bad" threads and posts people made. That he actually did so only seemed to make people discredit Lucas further.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987
        Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I know plenty of us have been calling Matthysse among the best, if not the best, at 140 for at least a year or a year and a half. He's been in the conversation since the Judah and Alexander fights.

I love how people forget the "If Matthysse is any good, he'll blow Dallas Jr. out in 3 rounds" and "Dallas Jr. will make Matthysse look bad" threads and posts people made. That he actually did so only seemed to make people discredit Lucas further.
        Those guys are the same ones voting on the ring website for Garcia by KO.

I didn't think Dallas Jr was a good opponent or Lundy for that fact but always interesting to see Lucas vs a boxer. I thought Lucas would put him away but not that quick or in such fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Ironic isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

those threads shouldnt't be taken seriously and posters with that mentality shouldn't either.

Comment

• I was 1 of Mattysse's 1st supporters on here, I still am. I believe however, that Lucas isn't blowing Garcia way. I think that fight is a genuine 50/50 fight. Just because I feel that way doesn't mean I discredit Mattysse at all. It means I believe Garcia is a better fighter than Lamont.

Comment

• call me whatever you want, and I know this will go against public opinion but the only guy at 140 I see giving Matthysse trouble is Mike Alvarado, I see that as a 50/50 fight maybe a slight edge to Matthysse

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  call me whatever you want, and I know this will go against public opinion but the only guy at 140 I see giving Matthysse trouble is Mike Alvarado, I see that as a 50/50 fight maybe a slight edge to Matthysse
                  Meh, maybe if he throws enough punches to keep Matthysse not throwing as well. Considering the things Rios could do to Alvarado, I think Matthysse messes Mike up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Interloper View Post
                    The hardest puncher P4P right now isn't even in boxing. He's some guy walking around out there with one-punch power in both hands. But he doesn't even know it, because he's not a boxer. These guys just happen to be pro boxers.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      You sure? What about for Rigo?

Damn you got me. It counts for him too.

Comment

Working...
                      X