Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price-Tony Thompson Early Fight Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is all this "equilibrium shot" bollox? If you get knocked out or wobbled easy then you have a bad chin............whether your hit in the chin, ear, eye, nose or feckin forehead.

I have always raved about Price but EFF me it does look like the suspicions were right. Hope he can get him self straight.

That Fury fight is way more appetizing now. Both can crack and both can get cracked.....plus the bad blood should be a barnstormer. I still go for Price

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
      Price was KTFO because he cannot take a 'clean shot', to the chin or anywhere else for that matter.
      Man, you are clueless as hell!!! The ONLY way a fighter is seen as not being able to take a good punch is if he has racked up a number of losses where he was easily knocked out!! ONE KO losss does NOT make a pattern. If Price gets knocked out easily a couple times in his next few high level fights then he has shown a pattern! Get it? Got it? GOOD!

Comment

richardT stop making a fuss about this chin issue. Cameltoe has told you several times. equilibrium is irrelevent.

Having a bad chin, means youre more suspetable to a knock down or knock out.

e.g amir khan/ david price/ wladmir have bad chins.

margarito, vitali, froch, kessler have granite chins

although some have better equilibriums than others, khan always does chicken dances whereas marquez, wlad get back up several times during a fight if needed.

btw david price has been noted as a weak chin from amateur days when he was sparked in headgear lol. excuse my grammar im knackered
        Last edited by maddad2001; 02-23-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

British Boxing? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by maddad2001 View Post
            richardT stop making a fuss about this chin issue.
            Some of you don't know **** about boxing. If a fighter has ONE KO loss only, and that loss was from an equilibrium shot, that does not indicate a pattern! Many fighters can take solid punches but ANY fighter can be knocked out from an equilibrium punch. A PERFECTLY place shot that creates the ONLY KO loss of a fighters record does not mean he has a weak chin or cannot take a clean punch. ANYONE can be taken out with a perfectly place punch.
            Last edited by richardt; 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Price's legs looked like rubber when he got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Some of you don't know **** about boxing. If a fighter has ONE KO loss only, and that loss was from an equilibrium shot, that does not indicate a pattern! Many fighters can take solid punches but ANY fighter can be knocked out from an equilibrium punch. A PERFECTLY place shot that creates the ONLY KO loss of a fighters record does not mean he has a weak chin or cannot take a clean punch. ANYONE can be taken out with a perfectly place punch.
                Most people on here obviously don't their *****. It's a funny place to be hit, it shakes you down to your toes and suddenly 10 secs feels like 1. He can bounce back from this, no prob. Rematch, then back to business. A lot of champions down the years have come back from KO losses and many of them have put their future championships down to exactly that. Incl. our current hw champion. There's no need to discuss these small issues with these guys just coming on to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by casual hero View Post
                  What is all this "equilibrium shot" bollox? If you get knocked out or wobbled easy then you have a bad chin............whether your hit in the chin, ear, eye, nose or feckin forehead.

I have always raved about Price but EFF me it does look like the suspicions were right. Hope he can get him self straight.

That Fury fight is way more appetizing now. Both can crack and both can get cracked.....plus the bad blood should be a barnstormer. I still go for Price
                  Say what now? You must be kidding me.

Comment

Hilarious. Now I'm not sure which one was touted more of the two 6'7 Brits, Price or Fury? I think it was price.

And now he gets KO'd by a former Wlad victim. A guy who just keeps beating everyone other than Wlad himself. In retrospect, a good win for Wlad now. If he fights Fury and does the same, I will laugh my ass off.

Comment

some of us wanted to know if price could go 12 rounds & take a legit HW punch...we just got our answer. price is 29 & has great offensive skills but you can't teach a guy to take a punch. he can certainly tighten up his defence & still be a factor. seth mitchell doesn't have the amateur pedigree price has so price is more likely to rebound & go further then mitchell. price can still be a factor & i won't write him off yet. wlad was all but written off by the experts except for george foreman who said after the sanders fight he would be champion of the world. after the brewster fight foreman's comments were questionable but wlad has not lost since & he was right. price can still turn things around but he must take a couple more fights vs journeymen to get back on track...

Comment

Working...
                      X