Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to bump this thread. Fight time is fast approaching. The more votes we get the better. Nono leads the poll so far ~ 60/40. I'd say those odds reflect reality.

Comment

• It's gonna be Rigo night, don't get me wrong, I like both of them, but I really think Rigo will dance circles around him and that this fight will be more one sided than we think.
      Last edited by Szef; 04-06-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        It's gonna be Rigo night, don't get me wrong, I like both of them, but I really think Rigo will dance circles around him and that this fight will be more one sided than we think.
        I hope your crystal ball is working properly. I think it's right that Donaire's the favorite, but I feel good about Rigo's chances. I'm convinced this is going to be a good fight, and an interesting one for hardcore boxing fans. If Nonito wins, his stock goes up; if Guille wins, his stock goes through the roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I hope your crystal ball is working properly. I think it's right that Donaire's the favorite, but I feel good about Rigo's chances. I'm convinced this is going to be a good fight, and an interesting one for hardcore boxing fans. If Nonito wins, his stock goes up; if Guille wins, his stock goes through the roof.

Well of course Donaire is the favorite, that's pretty obvious. For hardcore fans this fight is already MEGA interesting and it hasn't even started yet Donaire is a very good counter puncher and his left hook iz amazing but Rigo is an excellent counter puncher and has decent power as well. And, what is more important he's just the better, more skilled boxer of the two. Anyway I hope this fight will live upto expectations.

Comment

• What will be Rigo's mental approach be come fight night?

I believe Donaire intends to put on a show confident beyond merely coming away with a win. Rigo can win this fight and i believe he is being real when he says he is the better of the two. But is he actually willing to do enough to take the fight? Will Rigo show too much respect from the start digging himself an early hole impossible to overcome without risking too much?

I know what to expect from Donaire. I cant say the same for Rigo. There are not enough Pro fights on Rigo's resume to draw the same confident expectations.

I'm not even as concerned as most are with Rigo's chin. While a KO can happen at any time I've got Donaire winning as the pace setter with his volume and activity. Like both fighters and am really looking forward to this little titans chess match. Pulling for Rigo.

Comment

• Donaire will win by KO inside 3, or Rigondeaux will put on a dominating performance.

I don't think Donaire would be able to win a legitimate decision.

Comment

• Donaire has spent more time in the pro ring. That's where it matters most. You can have the best first three rounds of your life, once you get past those rounds is when guys really start to figure you out. This is how i see the fight happening too. Rigo starts strong, then Donaire takes over in the 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                  What will be Rigo's mental approach be come fight night?

I believe Donaire intends to put on a show confident beyond merely coming away with a win. Rigo can win this fight and i believe he is being real when he says he is the better of the two. But is he actually willing to do enough to take the fight? Will Rigo show too much respect from the start digging himself an early hole impossible to overcome without risking too much?

I know what to expect from Donaire. I cant say the same for Rigo. There are not enough Pro fights on Rigo's resume to draw the same confident expectations.

I'm not even as concerned as most are with Rigo's chin. While a KO can happen at any time I've got Donaire winning as the pace setter with his volume and activity. Like both fighters and am really looking forward to this little titans chess match. Pulling for Rigo.
                  Donaire holds advantages in two very important categories: pro experience and power. I believe everything else is either comparable or in Rigo's favor. In my opinion, Guillermo is the more skilled fighter. I'm certain Rigondeaux believes it, too. That confidence has a way of conveying.

I agree that Nonito will be the pace setter, but I don't think it'll intimidate Rigo. It's what he expects. It's what he wants. Like you, I'm not concerned about Guille's chin (check the bets in my sig). The real question, to me, is whether Rigondeaux can generate enough activity to walk away with the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    Donaire has spent more time in the pro ring. That's where it matters most. You can have the best first three rounds of your life, once you get past those rounds is when guys really start to figure you out. This is how i see the fight happening too. Rigo starts strong, then Donaire takes over in the 4th.

A rings a ring, that is just an excuse used by bums.

This fight can be in a park, a ring, a phonebooth, it doesn't matter, Donaire is going to get wrecked by the superior technician. The faster, smoother, slicker, more intelligent ring general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                      Donaire has spent more time in the pro ring. That's where it matters most. You can have the best first three rounds of your life, once you get past those rounds is when guys really start to figure you out. This is how i see the fight happening too. Rigo starts strong, then Donaire takes over in the 4th.
                      Rigo's not a three round fighter. He's fought past the third several times, usually KOing his opponent. The only time Guillermo looked bad in any way shape or form was when he coasted against Cordoba after the sixth round of their encounter. If Donaire can figure him out, Rigo can do the same in return. This fight will go twelve rounds. And win, lose or draw, "El Chacal" will prove that he's for real.

Comment

Working...
                      X