Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Passes on Pulev: Makes No Financial Sense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't have a problem with this at all. There are much better opponents out there for a prime top Heavyweight contender to stake his viability with (for a shot at the Heavyweight crown) than a washed up Light Heavyweight who lost 2 out of his last 3 fights. Adamek might've done the boxing world a favor by opting out of this apparent mismatch. Jennings, Cunningham and Fury would all be MUCH better fights for Pulev, from a competitive standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      I have always supported Adamek and with that said this is is very disappointing news.
      I agree. Tomasz has stated in the past that it was his dream to become two division world champion and with that in mind, the news are saddening.
      Something changed. Wonder if that DUI case has any influence?

I really wanted to see Adamek vs Pulev, but I think Pulev would win tbh.

I wish Adamek all the best. He's a good man and he's had a fantastic career.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        I agree. Tomasz has stated in the past that it was his dream to become two division world champion and with that in mind, the news are saddening.
        Something changed. Wonder if that DUI case has any influence?

I really wanted to see Adamek vs Pulev, but I think Pulev would win tbh.

I wish Adamek all the best. He's a good man and he's had a fantastic career.
        He already is two divison wordl champ, he wanted to be three division and the first one to accomplish that in the history(the heaviest three). He wont fight Szpilka, Szpilka team wont allow it. He is probably waiting for Arreola to get WBC and we now what Christobal`s first voluntary will be.

Comment

I think we're going to see Adamek vs Szpilka in Poland.

The only other choices are Wach or Golota II.

Adamek might be moving back to Poland permanently if the drunk driving charge means he loses his Green card.

Pulev will move on and will be a world champion at some point in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
            He already is two divison wordl champ, he wanted to be three division and the first one to accomplish that in the history(the heaviest three). He wont fight Szpilka, Szpilka team wont allow it. He is probably waiting for Arreola to get WBC and we now what Christobal`s first voluntary will be.
            I'm not so sure about him not fighting Szpilka. Big money fight for both of them and Szpilka has been calling Adamek out.

The other choices are Wach or Golota II.

I also wouldn't bet the farm on Arreola beating Stiverne. Stiverne is not a bum -- he can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
              You're right! Actually I have stated in the past he should go for the WBC strip, and true, Arreola wants to avenge that defeat too. Could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                I think we're going to see Adamek vs Szpilka in Poland.

The only other choices are Wach or Golota II.

Adamek might be moving back to Poland permanently if the drunk driving charge means he loses his Green card.

Pulev will move on and will be a world champion at some point in the future.
                It's just a strange message from Adamek. But he's not been the same since the Vitali beatdown

Comment

Everyone in this thread is pretty spot on; Adamek is side-stepping this fight because he knows he will lose. He is a guy with box-office value coming to the end of his career, however, so it's not surprising he passed on the fight.

Pulev will advance towards a Wladimir showdown, Adamek will continue to fight the exciting, mid-level fights he's known for.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    He agreed to take part in a tournament, then pulled out before the final. This was an attempt by the IBF to give us a deserving contender, which we haven't had for a while. It's pretty ****ty of him to have been like this about it.

Did he not see this coming? Neither Pulev or Ustinov are huge names so he shouldn't have agreed to participate if he wasn't willing to face the winner. Adamek has never seemed like the type to avoid someone, he's faced more top 10 heavyweights than Povetkin or anyone else not named Klitschko. But you have to wonder if he realises how high risk Pulev is and maybe that's the reason for him refusing the fight.

Not sure if his fight with Fury is already signed, but if not Cunningham should get the chance to face Pulev considering the vast majority felt he beat Adamek.
                    chris byrd & eddie chambers were top 10 & he beat them both in IBF eliminators a couple years ago. povetkin has some good wins...

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                      I'm not so sure about him not fighting Szpilka. Big money fight for both of them and Szpilka has been calling Adamek out.

The other choices are Wach or Golota II.

I also wouldn't bet the farm on Arreola beating Stiverne. Stiverne is not a bum -- he can fight.
                      i got several stiverne fights(in my collection)& he did nothing to show me he is the real deal. he did beat ray austin who is better then anyone arreola beat. stiverne has power but i'm going to say arreola is going to make a serious statement & blow stiverne out in the first round. it may get to the 2nd or 3rd round but i don't give stiverne much shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X