How About my Top 25 ATG List?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
    Sometimes I have he and Greb top 1 and 2
    I wouldn't argue with that. I think 1-3 with Robinson, Greb, and Armstrong is solid.

Comment

Very nice.

Hate Tunney anywhere near a top 25 or so though. The man wouldn't even have a black sparring partner let alone face a decent one.
      That's definitely a strike against Tunney, but his resume is still superb and he beat guys who did beat black fighters. That's still a sore point to me about him, but in his defense he did try and make the Wills fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        I wouldn't argue with that. I think 1-3 with Robinson, Greb, and Armstrong is solid.
        You don't like Langford in there? He beat great all the day from lightweight to heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
          exactly..he doesnt belong..and i added some names that should have been there..he had great talent but his resume is not all that great so how can he be top 20? and then you had him ahead of hopkins somehow
          Yeah right.....Mccallum Toney Hopkins....not that great my ass. Typical revisionist BS....Jones could do no wrong then decided to fight too long and now is not a worthy. JOnes may have been along with Ali and Whitaker the one of the most naturally gifted fighters ever to grace the square circle...and for the record? I don't even like the guy as a fan and know that

Comment

Jack Dempsey and Jack Johnson over Jones Jr? You're trolling surely

Jones dominated Hopkins then ducked Jones until he was washed up.
            you wouldn't rate Jack Johnson over Roy Jones?

methinks it's you who be trolling.

Comment

I feel Ross should be in the top ten and roy jones just outside the 25 but overall a very good list

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                That's definitely a strike against Tunney, but his resume is still superb and he beat guys who did beat black fighters. That's still a sore point to me about him, but in his defense he did try and make the Wills fight.
                Ross is one of my all time favorites but that seems a bit high. Where would you rank Canzoneri and McLarnin?

Have you read the Ross biography by Douglas Century? If not its a fabulous read!

Comment

24. Eder Jofre
                  25. Marvin Hagler
                  Your list is brilliant, possibly the best thing that I have ever seen.
                  Last edited by NChristo; 02-09-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

You don't like Langford in there? He beat great all the day from lightweight to heavyweight.
                    I don't object to him being in there, Jab. A case can be made for him. But I'm more partial to the other three.

Comment

His resume isn't all that superb.

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
                      you wouldn't rate Jack Johnson over Roy Jones?

methinks it's you who be trolling.
                      LOL Jones is easily a greater fighter than Johnson in every way.

Comment

Working...
                      X