No announcement yet.

greedy Guerrero proving its all about money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I personally think Floyd is the greedy one. Low-balling Guerrero so he can go and cherrypick Devon Alexander or some absolute bum that nobody wants to see and you'll have the usual suspects justifying it ''I still class him as an undefeated fighter''

As if it isn't bad enough the coward gets 40 million a fight minimum hes begrudging a guy of 4 mill.

He isn't even asking 10% ffs

Man, fawk Floyd, just retire already.

Guerrero has never made anything close to 2.5 million. Calling that a "lowball" offer is just asinine. Where else is he going to make that?

Comment

Originally posted by you broke View Post
      I read he is trying to get 4mil when Floyd is the real attraction. He should be happy with whatever offer we throw at him and be happy to be getting the chance. Gotta respect him for trying though. We might throw Robert some xtra crumbs for bossing up:

Just lets yall know its always about the money but people only get on Floyd for thinking like that.
      If Victor Ortiz received 5 million for being stupid than why doesn't Gurrerro deserve 4 million?

Comment

He's the one taking the much bigger risk. Give him the 4 million, Floyd. Just please don't fight Alexander.

Comment

I actually like Guerrero's stand.

We know he is not the draw. We know he has not been there before and we know that he hasn't previously been compensated remotely within the scale at which he is allegedly requesting. What does make him worth the price tag is that he brings legitimacy to the event (at least as much as anyone in this weak WW division) especially off the heels of his gritty performance against Berto. This alone is his bargaining chip in this day and age when perception in the world of boxing *****s reality. And we know this to be true in light of Floyd's recent attempt to lean on negotiations with shock and awe at the use of Devon's name. It's a negotiation game. Robert would be a fool to simply accept initial offerings. You shoot for the moon not the roof tops.

We know Floyd can fight anyone and they'll come up with some sellable angle (for most) and make some good money in the process. So Robert has to decide whether or not to take a strong stand at the risk of being passed over. It's a big risk obviously but it is part of the negotiating process. Knowing your self worth and having confidence in what you can achieve both now and in the future will determine how far you're willing to take that risk. Yeah, he could potentially miss out on a career high pay day but if it's not like he's making chump change now.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            If Victor Ortiz received 5 million for being stupid than why doesn't Gurrerro deserve 4 million?
            i thought ortiz was paid 2 million? if the 4 million demand was only a rumor then there's nothing to talk about here.

Comment

Give him the goddman money, Floyd.

Comment

I thought this was a sham and a rumour. Is there any link to this or are people just talking out of their ass like normal?

Either way, think about it, what are Mayweather's options?

Guerrero - 4m probably no PPV
                Cotto II - 8 -12m plus PPV
                Pacquiao - 40-50% plus PPV
                Canelo - 8 - 12m plus PPV
                Alexander - 1-3m, probably no PPV and probably no sales

He isn't going to fight Martinez or Bradley. He can probably fight Kahn, but he'll most likely have to share some PPV revenue in the US if he wants that UK PPV.

Guerrero is his best bet, brings an intriguing backstory to sell, a man looking for a way out and to save his family. He brings a good style, will fight like hell and will attempt to rival Mayweather in terms of trash-talking.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  the more significant difference between Guerrero and Floyd:

-extremely large gulf in market value
                  -extremely large gulf in achievement-level over the course of respective careers
                  I'm not questioning their market value nor their resume as Guerrero is only 29. I don't even question or care how much Guerrero wants or deserves. We are talking about apples and oranges here.

I will put it another way. Here is the part of the formula which makes it different:
                  - By Guerrero fighting someone like Floyd, it presents a high risk factor in losing. Guerrero is OK with that.
                  - By Floyd fighting someone like Guerrero , it presents a Low risk factor in losing. Like usual, Floyd is OK with that. See the difference?

- At Guerrero's age, Floyd took on Baldomir.
                  - At Guerrero's age, Guerrero took on Floyd. See the difference?

Comment

I heard this quote on Shark Tank and it applies to Floyd perfectly

"Your stepping over Dollars to make pennies."

Basically floyd is lowballing Guerrero so he can save 1.5 million upfront but Guerrerro would bring around double the PPVs that Alexander would so in the end, that extra 1.5 million is actually gonna cost him money

I've been waiting for someone to call Floyd and GBP out on there bull****

Say what you want about Arum/Top Rank/Pacquiao but if your fighting Pacquiao your getting at least 5 million and a cut of PPV

Comment

Guerrero is making a dumb ass career decision.

Call a spade a spade. If this didn't involve Floyd any other fighter would be pricing themselves out.
                      Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 02-09-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X