No announcement yet.

greedy Guerrero proving its all about money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Guerrero has never made anything close to 2.5 million. Calling that a "lowball" offer is just asinine. Where else is he going to make that?
    This is why RG has no case.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      I'm not questioning their market value nor their resume as Guerrero is only 29. I don't even question or care how much Guerrero wants or deserves. We are talking about apples and oranges here.

I will put it another way. Here is the part of the formula which makes it different:
      - By Guerrero fighting someone like Floyd, it presents a high risk factor in losing. Guerrero is OK with that.
      - By Floyd fighting someone like Guerrero , it presents a Low risk factor in losing. Like usual, Floyd is OK with that. See the difference?

- At Guerrero's age, Floyd took on Baldomir.
      - At Guerrero's age, Guerrero took on Floyd. See the difference?

That's not a good comparison. Because there is a huge, huge, huge difference between the caliber of opponents Floyd fought at age 29 and below versus the opponents Guerrero has faced at age 29 and under. Berto was his best and most popular win.

The difference you are talking about doesn't prove your point at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        I heard this quote on Shark Tank and it applies to Floyd perfectly

"Your stepping over Dollars to make pennies."

Basically floyd is lowballing Guerrero so he can save 1.5 million upfront but Guerrerro would bring around double the PPVs that Alexander would so in the end, that extra 1.5 million is actually gonna cost him money

I've been waiting for someone to call Floyd and GBP out on there bull****

Say what you want about Arum/Top Rank/Pacquiao but if your fighting Pacquiao your getting at least 5 million and a cut of PPV

I really doubt that Guerrero would bring in double the PPVs. Guerrero isn't a household name like Cotto, Margarito, etc. So doubling the PPVs more than Alexander is out of the question. Both aren't bringing in much of a fan base. The only difference between them honestly is that Guerrero would appear to be potentially more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          I'm not questioning their market value nor their resume as Guerrero is only 29. I don't even question or care how much Guerrero wants or deserves. We are talking about apples and oranges here.

I will put it another way. Here is the part of the formula which makes it different:
          - By Guerrero fighting someone like Floyd, it presents a high risk factor in losing. Guerrero is OK with that.
          - By Floyd fighting someone like Guerrero , it presents a Low risk factor in losing. Like usual, Floyd is OK with that. See the difference?

- At Guerrero's age, Floyd took on Baldomir.
          - At Guerrero's age, Guerrero took on Floyd. See the difference?
          yes, Guerrero is the least likely of these fighters to come out victorious by some margin, this has never been in dispute. so where's the point? how does this factor into what Guerrero is entitled to? he's reportedly being offered twice his career best payday (and then some) and the chance to make a name for himself. the reward is there. for a fighter as lacking in distinguishing achievements as RG, it's a great opportunity.

btw, do you know what Mayweather had done at Guerrero's age? i'm just curious. he fought Tata after he had fought Hernandez, Corrales, Chavez, Castillo and many other solid opponents.

Comment

This ADP guy completely ignored everything did prior to fighting Baldi. Cmon son.

Comment

Last year, Floyd didn't know Guerrero and the fact that his name was mentioned was crazy- to me.
              That was two WW fights ago... Aydin and Berto..

Comment

Most people try to be tough in negotiations. Personally, anything above 2m is solid for Guerrero. Win or lose, he'll be an established name in the casual boxing world. Both Ortiz and Cotto had chances to be in another absolutely huge fight with Canelo, but they both failed lol. 2.5m right now and you guarantee to fight Floyd vs asking more and endangering a fight with Floyd? I'll take the former, odds are you can make more money if you go the former route.

Comment

Who's we?? Last time I checked ur not forkin anything out of your own pocket to pay these fighters. "We". Hahahahaha!

Comment

There is something wrong in my opinion about Floyd deciding how much money his opponent should get. There should be another way to determine this. In other professional sports,the winner gets a predetermined amount and the loser gets a perdetermined amount. I kinow boxing is unique.

But if Floyd is getting 10 x more, it isn't right. They are both part of the event. Even if Floyd is the bigger name. It takes both of them to make this an exciting fight. They will both be doing the same things in the fight. Taking punches, giving punches. I hate to hear any person belittled as having no personality, bringing nothing to table. It isn't true. Even person has depth, a deep personal history.

I don't think Guerrero would win but he would contribute the exceitement of the fight, maybe more so than Floyd. He would probably fight his heart out. I am sure he thinks he can win. Whereas Floyd, may do as he often does, just fight enough to get the judges to score the fight for him.

Floyd has an overly inflated ego. I'm not worried about who he fights, because I wouldn't buy a fight with Guerrero or Alexander. If Guerrero is so poor in comparison to Floyd, then this fight should not qualify for PPV.

Comment

You guys defending Guerrero wanting $4mill realize that the PPV money isn't all for Mayweather, Guerrero and HBO right? It's also a part for Canelo and his opponent there. You realize Floyd is also taking much less if he puts Canelo on the undercard right? If you want Guerrero to get $4mill, then suffer with a cheap undercard.

Why do you think you see so many good fights in UFC cards, but fighters get 5 digit-6 digit figures? And you never see any UFC main event fighter get anything like $4mill for one fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X