No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says Deal To Face Alexander is Nearly Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Everyone was waiting for the official word on an expected Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero fight, but the pound-for-pound king threw everyone a curveball late Tuesday night.

"Money" Mayweather announced on Twitter and Facebook that he's close to fighting Devon Alexander. The fight would take place May 4 at the MGM in Las Vegas.

"The negotiations for my fight are almost done," said Mayweather via the social media portals. "The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight."
    [Click Here To Read More]
    thats the curve balls I was talking about....stop looking for fast balls straight down the pipe...still a corny fight...the same as Ghost or Nelo...Devon is the same as those dudes...a corny fight imo

Comment

• This is Al Haymon's chess move to popularize a rather obscure figher in Alexander, while his cash-cow, Mayweather, is about to retire.

Comment

• @ alexander's "injury"

he must have gotten a sprained wrist from initialing all the pages of that contract....

this is a terrible fight. i have not supported alexander since he quit in the tim bradley fight.

Comment

• Hope Alexander get's the beating of his life.

Comment

• Disgrace to Boxing

Oh my Gosh! Two Boring Fighters. This is a Disgrace to boxing of Floyd fighting Alexander when it's more exciting fighters out there. Face of boxing? This guy fight no names and people that's washed up since he been getting big money. You guys still buy his boring fights thats why he make them easy decision because he can fight the less opponent and still ya paying his bills by buying his fights. Stop buying his fights until he fight who we want to see then he will stop giving us these terrible opponents. the most exciting fight he had in years was the Cotto and he had a difficult time with him but they comparing Pacman fights to his. Pac man beat Del a Hoya, Hatton, Cotto and Margarito that Floyd was dodging for a long time worst then Floyd. Floyd beat a little Marquez and feel he beat him worst then Pacman. Marquez and Pacman always have exciting fights. Boxing is over if he the face of Boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              This is Al Haymon's chess move to popularize a rather obscure figher in Alexander, while his cash-cow, Mayweather, is about to retire.

i doubt it

haymon knows alexander is nothing special. if he cant see it himself he's undoubtedly got people on his team who can.

this is just another easy win for floyd, for eight figures, and on PPV. alexander is a slickster, going up against the slickest of them all. he harrdly closes his fists when he punches. he doesn't have a chance.

eventually floyd will be sacrificed to a younger fighter if he continues to box. this guy is not it. alexander is a clown, and haymon knows it.

Comment

• Alexander was going to lose his belt regardless IMO, figured he might as well lose it and get paid mega bucks in the process.

Comment

• WHAT THE ****!

Everything else than watching Alexander "Amateur champ"... NOT AGAINST MAYWEATHER...

I'm a Mayweather fan, and I can understand that he wants an easier opponent at the moment, but dropping down to taking Timothy Bradleys leftovers is just too low!

This is actually a fight I would not even care that much to watch, if I saw it the day after wouldn't really bother me. I'm not gonna make my friends stay up to 6 in the morning to watch boxing. Not for this fight at least. And thats a first, for a very long time with Mayweather.

My friends will be so disappointed.

Comment

• If anything this shows, it shows that Mayweather fans are not nearly as nuthuggers as some say.

I do know that if it was a specific guy, Guerrero or Alexander would be seen as legit opponents...lol.

I can see it now...Devon would already be a ATG.

Comment

• Not excited about this matchup at all. Lame, lame fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X