No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    No, this fight will resemble anything but the Johnson fight. Cunningham is not defensive savy as Kev Johnson and he'll be there to win rather than merely an 'opponent.' Also, there's added pressure on Fury to impress the American television audience as this is his debut on U.S. tv.

I think it plays out with Fury using his superior size and reach advantage to wear the much smaller and lighter hitting Cunningham down enroute to a mid-to-late round stoppage. I think Steve lands some clean crisp shots on Fury but I think the size advantage is much for him to negotiate.
    Cunningham is there to win but he's not going to put his life on the line for the victory. His main concern will be not getting hit and will fight a tentative fight against Fury using movement and angles trying to score.

Fury will be happy to box with Cunningham and will probably try to push the fight after the midway point. But I see Cunningham lasting the distance with a negative approach. I think if Fury jumps on him, they'll just hold on the inside and make it scrappy.

If Fury has him hurt at some point, I can definitely see him finishing him off.

Comment

With Canelo-trout this weekend I completely forgot about this fight. WAR Cunningham!

Comment

Tyson Fury is such a lame I honestly feel embarrassed for him.

Comment

Lol Fury acting like a proper **** inthis presser

Still funny though, you can see Cunningham just wants to get in the ring a kil him, could take some good work from Brother Nazim to calm him down and make sure he fights to the game plan

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Tyson Fury is such a lame I honestly feel embarrassed for him.
            Haha i liked when he kicked up a fuss about the ring walk coin toss... and then said he wants to go in first?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Haha i liked when he kicked up a fuss about the ring walk coin toss... and then said he wants to go in first?
              He just argues over anything and everything. When he banged his fist of the table and the whole room just went awkwardly silent

He is just so corny. I think hes annoyed Nazim more than Cunningham.

I'd love Cunningham to shut the guy up unfortunately I just can't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                He just argues over anything and everything. When he banged his fist of the table and the whole room just went awkwardly silent

He is just so corny. I think hes annoyed Nazim more than Cunningham.

I'd love Cunningham to shut the guy up unfortunately I just can't see it happening.
                The only way Cunningham wins this fight is if he commits to, and shows a willingness to sit down on his punches. The guy's in incredible shape but he's never been a hard puncher and he's never shown that killer instinct to finish a guy when he's hurt. I've seen Cunningham in a lot of close fights and he doesn't fight with a sense of urgency. He's need to do that in this fight.

Comment

You can watch a video of the full Fury-Cunningham press conference here:

http://www.ustream.tv/mainevents

Comment

Fury vs Cunningham Face Off at final press confrence

Comment

Fury is going to floor this CW.

Comment

Working...
                      X