No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners
    Love these guys down playing the Moreno win....no one thought Mares would win that fight.
    Yea no ****. Excuses started popping out of nowhere once he won. All you heard before fight was Moreno will take Mares to school blah blah.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Mares vacating??? because he is afraid of Terrazas no doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        He didnt even fight a 122 pounder
        He did fight Darchinyan but he's more of a natural 118 pounder. I actually though that Darchinyan got the better of Mares. If they choose wisely at 126 he can do well. He's also still pretty young so he might fill out abit.

Comment

I would've liked to have seen Mares fight Terrazas before moving up. GBP could obviously match him up with John or Ponce, but he'll probably take an easier fight to see how he handles the weight. Maybe he could fight "Boom Boom" Bautista?

Comment

hes too small for the power punchers at 126 but why stay at 122 if he wont get the big fights he wants...there are good fights for him at 126

Comment

Mares & ducking cannot be ever used in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                also to the people criticizing mares and defending donaire:

nonito also won a vacant belt against vasquez who was basically coming off a loss (I don't count that tune up fight he had) and defended it against a much lower regarded bantamweight in narvaez...he also didn't look that good in both fights though the latter not being his fault

I'm sure mares would've loved to fight nishioka to prove he deserved that belt but nishioka retired after his loss to donaire but donaire was able to get arce and did fight him

I'm not hating on nonito but it's not like he's taken an entirely different route towards the status he has now
                Your timeline is mixed up

Comment

Mares should fight Terrazas and then move up or maybe he is scared of terrazas
                  Last edited by PETUFF; 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    It was very good. Mares never fought anyone at 122 and the best fighters at 126 are TR or Chris John

Just shows the BS GBP and WBC has going when you become a champ at 122 while never fighting a 122 fighter
                    i don't understand why you're getting any hate at all for saying this since it's the truth...name one guy mares beat that was ranked top 10 at super bantam at the time? moreno was a good win, but the problem is moreno was not even ranked at super bantamweight. so what was the point of mares even moving up to 122 if he wasn't going to fight anyone ranked at 122? why didn't he just stay at 118 and defend his belt against guys like santa cruz or moreno? people are ****ting on donaire for fighting guys ranked in the top ten, but give mares a pass for fighting guys who aren't even ranked in the division and now he's moving up to 126. why not just fight and beat terrazas so at least he can say he beat someone ranked in the top ten of the division before moving to 126?
                    Last edited by Bermuda; 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      hes too small for the power punchers at 126 but why stay at 122 if he wont get the big fights he wants...there are good fights for him at 126
                      mares is still going to have a hard time getting the top names at 126 (mikey garcia and salido) since they are with top rank...

Comment

Working...
                      X