Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like he's ducking donaire + rigondeaux...

rematch with chemito moreno

Comment

Unfortunately for Mares, the current top dog at featherweight is also an Arum boy. So he won't be getting that fight either. He's basically gonna have to travel abroad for Chris John. Or, pretty much stay busy in 2013 fighting lesser fights and proceed to get his ass kicked in 2014 by Gary Russell Jr.

Comment

Who should Mares have fought at 122? Only people he should have stayed there for are Donaire and Rigondeaux, both TR and never happening because of Arum. He can go to 126 and fight Ponce, Gonzalez, Russell, Caballero, etc. The biggest thing is can the 5'4'' Mares handle 126.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
          sounds like he's ducking donaire + rigondeaux...

rematch with chemito moreno
          Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. Mares tried to fight Donaire. His promoter went on record saying they'd throw 3 million at tr for the fight. Arum declined.

Comment

There is nothing for him at 122.

Comment

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
              He did fight Darchinyan but he's more of a natural 118 pounder. I actually though that Darchinyan got the better of Mares. If they choose wisely at 126 he can do well. He's also still pretty young so he might fill out abit.
              Vic's more of a natural 115 fighter. His power plummeted once he hit 118. I also think Vic just edges mates but it was a very close fight that could go either way

Comment

I actually wanted to see him defend against Terrazas...

Comment

mares vs santa cruz would've been a good fight @122. He could've defended against terrazas and then fought santa cruz IF he beat moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                    And what the hell is going on right now? A few months ago people were ranking Moreno as a top 10 P4P fighter, many here saying that he was a defensive wizard and stating that he was perhaps the best boxer in the lower weight classes.

Now people in this thread are saying that Moreno was overrated, that Mares only won because Chemito was feather fisted and also just because Mares was bigger. C'mon...
                    I was one of them and i havent ****e on that fight. I had Moreno on my top 10 at time and lost money on fight so for me that was his biggest win. I dont mind him moving to 126 if he can handle weight. GBP tried everything they can to get Nonito fight but not happening.

Comment

damn mares is getting ****t&&d on for trying to look out for his career this is a smart move imo if can handle the weight.

122 has nothing but 2 fighters that wont fight him so he goes up to 126 were at least hopefully some guys with a name will man the fu up.

Comment

Working...
                      X