Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy! he's fighting a guy coming from 122, and that is victor terrazas! this guy fought at 126 many times already, let's say they'll be fighting for a vacant interim chump belt

Comment

What the? He hasnt fought a natural 122 pounder and is already thinking about going up in weight?

Well gotta give him props for the challenge, but I think he will get brutalized by the top fighters in the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
        mares mikey garcia make it happen
        Please don't get this guy killed, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          It was very good. Mares never fought anyone at 122 and the best fighters at 126 are TR or Chris John

Just shows the BS GBP and WBC has going when you become a champ at 122 while never fighting a 122 fighter
          ponce isn't with tr and I'm guessing he's who they're targeting...mares has got balls man

who should he fight at 122? he can go the donaire route at super flyweight and fight a bunch of guys no one cares about yet he's moving up for the bigger challenges and people act like he never even tried to clean out the division

I really don't understand the mares criticism...he fought the best 3 bantamweights available to him (4 of u count moreno at 122) then he tries to challenge donaire who is perceived as the biggest threat and he'll probably go after a couple of contenders at a HIGHER weight instead of fighting contenders at 122 which I find way more admirable

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            I really don't understand the mares criticism...he fought the best 3 bantamweights available to him (4 of u count moreno at 122) then he tries to challenge donaire who is perceived as the biggest threat and he'll probably go after a couple of contenders at a HIGHER weight instead of fighting contenders at 122 which I find way more admirable
            He deserves nothing but respect. He fought the best 118 pounders and tried to get Nonito at 122.

He's not ducking anybody.

Comment

This is very, very lame.

Comment

I don't like this move. Mares is too small for 126 and not sure his power will be a factor there either. But hey, he did say if there was no Donaire fight he would move up. Props to him for moving up too. The guy fights anybody and deserves to be P4P more than Guerrero and Broner for sure.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

also to the people criticizing mares and defending donaire:

nonito also won a vacant belt against vasquez who was basically coming off a loss (I don't count that tune up fight he had) and defended it against a much lower regarded bantamweight in narvaez...he also didn't look that good in both fights though the latter not being his fault

I'm sure mares would've loved to fight nishioka to prove he deserved that belt but nishioka retired after his loss to donaire but donaire was able to get arce and did fight him

I'm not hating on nonito but it's not like he's taken an entirely different route towards the status he has now

Comment

Good to hear **** Donaire and Top Rank! Go for Chris John!

Comment

As im a fan off Hasegawa Hozumi vs Terrazas please Don Jose

Comment

Working...
                      X