Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo would stop Cotto...do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact of the matter is this: we literally have so little to go on, it should be impossible to say with any certainty that Canelo would stop Cotto. Cotto, at least in his prime, was a legitimate top fighter. Canelo's most recent fights were against a literally shot Mosley who he couldn't stop (and who even was more active for large stretches in the fight), and a tiny JWW with a big heart. That's it.

Canelo displays some signs that he can be a great fighter. I think he's got good composure in the ring, and he is a pretty well-rounded and balanced fighter. That said, I can't possibly say "Canelo would stop Cotto", because at this point Cotto's losing fights to stiff competition whereas Canelo's winning fights against people he's put in with to beat up.

Comment

id like to see how canelo reacts to the swarming of miguel cotto and those crazy liver shots something tells me cotto has early success but canelo starts picking his shots off in the 5th maybe 6th and get a stoppage ending in a bloody cotto

Comment

Cotto by bloody murder.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry
          A lot of posters say that Canelo would stop Cotto, and I tend to agree with them. But a lot of Cotto fans say otherwise.

What do you think?
          who knows

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i dont see how canela would stop cotto

he knocks out a baldomir that prior to fighting canela was getting rocked by journeyman

i have yet to see any proof that canela could stop a quality 154 lbs

didnt rhodes the highly rated by canela fans make it to the 12th if he could make it to the 12th even though he got stopped in that round im sure cotto could as well

the clever and dangerous 147 matt hatton made it to see the final bell when he fought canela at 154

so far canela has only shown us that he can man handle career 140 lbs

dont know what fights people are making the conclusion that he could stop cotto?

Comment

At this point he probably brutalizes Cotto.

Miguel Looked featherfisted against Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by hhwff3000 View Post
                Trout isn't anymore a Knockout artist than mayweather is because thats not how they fight. They plan to win decisions on their elusiveness and counter punching not knockouts. But you heard Shane Mosley say it from his own mouth that Mayweather and Canelo's power is about the same (who would've thought?). Back to the topic, I'm sure trout hits harder than his KO percentage would suggest and I'm sure he hits harder than cotto's little brother.
                Yes trout isn't a ko artist because of the way he fights you're contradicting your own argument because of course ginger would push his size and power advantage and look to wear down and stop the smaller man
                I think Shame Mosley probably felt like its less embarrassing for him to say Floyd hits as hard as Saul because Floyds counters made shame scared to open up!

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                If Kirkland, or Angulo, or Trout, or Vanes, or Lara or any other top 154 fighter had ginger's resume, they'd all be undefeated with more ko's.

Please, the bold. ginger has not even fought a top 154lber much less a top pfp fighter in his entire career.
                Saul has obviously got heavy hands.. Just because he hasn't fought amazing opposition doesn't mean he can't hit... You think the first 25 guys George foreman fought wrrent bums??? Anyways I bet back then there wasn't some idiot claiming foreman never had power because he wasn't fighting elite... Your arguments are moronic

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                  The fact of the matter is this: we literally have so little to go on, it should be impossible to say with any certainty that Canelo would stop Cotto. Cotto, at least in his prime, was a legitimate top fighter. Canelo's most recent fights were against a literally shot Mosley who he couldn't stop (and who even was more active for large stretches in the fight), and a tiny JWW with a big heart. That's it.

Canelo displays some signs that he can be a great fighter. I think he's got good composure in the ring, and he is a pretty well-rounded and balanced fighter. That said, I can't possibly say "Canelo would stop Cotto", because at this point Cotto's losing fights to stiff competition whereas Canelo's winning fights against people he's put in with to beat up.
                  Lol and who exactly has ever came close to stopping Shane Mosley ? Jußt because hes not Mexican you think he can be disposed off because he's old?
                  Cotto has looked very vulnerable in several fight and has always came back because of his huge heart but just the size and obvious power Ginger has I think would be a step too far regardless of how green he is and I'm sure if Lopez lost Saul would have demolished Ortiz had it happened

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                    I'm with Bushbaby on this one.

Where is the evidence? Who has Canelo beat? Cotton ain't what he was, but who know if Canelo can even take a shot. And where is all this activity that is supposed to swamp him? Please direct me to the fight where Alvarez throws 100 punches a round.

Not saying that Canelo can't stop Cotto, but to take it for granted is no less fanboi-ish than saying that this Cotto is the same one that beat Moseley.

If anybody feels the need, look in my post history and see that I'm waiting for that freckled kid to beat somebody legit before purchasing the Canelo express ticket. . Im no hater and have defended him in the past.
                    You need evidence? this thread is purely about opinions... opinions as to what people think the outcome would be....

I'm a Ctto fan but based on that Trout fight he is done at 154 and should never fight a legit light middle ever again.....I love Cotto but I don't want to see him getting hurt by an extremely heavy handed naturally bigger man with an even meaner left hook to the body than him
                    Just because Canelo hasn't faced top opposition doesn't mean he can't stop Cotto.... I bet Saul hits ten times harder than Ricardo Torres

This fight shouldn't happen in my opinion just because I would be scared of Cottos health being in danger

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post

And yes to this.. Cotto wouldn't be able to keep saul off him unless he swinged for the fences

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post

Goodpost..

Comment

Working...
                      X