No announcement yet.

Canelo would stop Cotto...do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
    Seems like you're not realizing that Trout isn't a knockout artist.. say what you want about ginger but he is extremely strong for 154 and has extremely heavy hands... I doubt Saul could make 147 if he tried... what are you talking about?
    Trout isn't anymore a Knockout artist than mayweather is because thats not how they fight. They plan to win decisions on their elusiveness and counter punching not knockouts. But you heard Shane Mosley say it from his own mouth that Mayweather and Canelo's power is about the same (who would've thought?). Back to the topic, I'm sure trout hits harder than his KO percentage would suggest and I'm sure he hits harder than cotto's little brother.

Comment

Seems like you're not realizing that Trout isn't a knockout artist.. say what you want about ginger but he is extremely strong for 154 and has extremely heavy hands... I doubt Saul could make 147 if he tried... what are you talking about?
      Bush Baby is just a Canelo hater who will find any excuse to hate on a an exciting fighter because hes 23 years old and hasn't fought top 10 pfp fighters back to back to back. He keeps forgetting that every 23 year old fighter get's moved up at a measured pace and he's also jelouse that Canelo is a million times more popular than any of his fav fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by hhwff3000 View Post
        Back to the topic, I'm sure trout hits harder than his KO percentage would suggest and I'm sure he hits harder than cotto's little brother.
        And Im sure Mosely a guy whos fought at Middleweight hits harder than Cotto's brother and Canelo walked thru all his punches so what exactly is your point? It's fuking Boxing every boxer who has ever stepped in the ring has gotten stunned at one point in their career big fuking deal.

Comment

If Kirkland, or Angulo, or Trout, or Vanes, or Lara or any other top 154 fighter had ginger's resume, they'd all be undefeated with more ko's.

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
          Bush Baby is just a Canelo hater who will find any excuse to hate on a an exciting fighter because hes 23 years old and hasn't fought top 10 pfp fighters back to back to back. He keeps forgetting that every 23 year old fighter get's moved up at a measured pace and he's also jelouse that Canelo is a million times more popular than any of his fav fighters.
          Please, the bold. ginger has not even fought a top 154lber much less a top pfp fighter in his entire career.

Comment

I haven't seen Alvarez in with anybody even remotely competitive to make that determination. Are we basing this "brutalization" over his UD over a stuttering fool like Mosley or against a guy who couldn't even throw a punch in Cintron?

Are we basing this mirage of a beast based on his destruction of Baldomir?

Or perhaps forget when Gomez was tapping that a&ss and a quick flurry caused the ref to wave it off.

Canelo may be able to brutalize Cotto, but he hasn't fought anyone with a pulse yet to make that determination. Plus, Cotto may have lost his last two but he was competitive in both fights. Nothing from the Trout fight proves anything against Ginger.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              If Kirkland, or Angulo, or Trout, or Vanes, or Lara or any other top 154 fighter had ginger's resume, they'd all be undefeated with more ko's.

Please, the bold. ginger has not even fought a top 154lber much less a top pfp fighter in his entire career.
              And every single fighter you just mentioned are all in their late 20's early 30's. You wanna be fair? What big names did any of those guys fight at 23 years old?

At 23 years old did any of these fighter have wins over any fighters who had held the ring belt at one point? Nope at 23 years old nobody knew who any of those guys were thats really why you hate on the kid plane and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                I haven't seen Alvarez in with anybody even remotely competitive to make that determination. Are we basing this "brutalization" over his UD over a stuttering fool like Mosley or against a guy who couldn't even throw a punch in Cintron?

Or perhaps forget when Gomez was tapping that a&ss and a quick flurry caused the ref to wave it off.

Canelo may be able to brutalize Cotto, but he hasn't fought anyone with a pulse yet to make that determination. Plus, Cotto may have lost his last two but he was competitive in both fights. Nothing from the Trout fight proves anything against Ginger.
                He's 23 years old and has wins over 3 former world champions. I cant think of any fighters at Junior Middle that accomplished that by the time they were 23. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  And every single fighter you just mentioned are all in their late 20's early 30's. You wanna be fair? What big names did any of those guys fight at 23 years old?

At 23 years old did any of these fighter have wins over any fighters who had held the ring belt at one point? Nope at 23 years old nobody knew who any of those guys were thats really why you hate on the kid plane and simple.
                  His resume is exactly that of a 23 year old. If they didn't hand him a title & slap the 2nd best ranking on him when he's done nothing championship worthy, I wouldn't have a problem with him being a contender. Cause that's what he is. Definitely nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

Good **** bro. I hate when people say 1 fighter will lose to a certain fighter based soley on him losing to another fighter with a totally different style.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      His resume is exactly that of a 23 year old. If they didn't hand him a title & slap the 2nd best ranking on him when he's done nothing championship worthy, I wouldn't have a problem with him being a contender. Cause that's what he is. Definitely nothing more.
                      And thats exactly what i wanted you to say! It's his popularity with the WBC, Boxing writers, and Fans that makes you hate on the kid! Canelo doesn't make up the Rankings nor does he decide who gets title shots so like I said you hate his popularity the end. In otherwords you have no good reason to hate on a talented young fighter who finishes people! A real boxing fan would want more of those kind of fighters!

Comment

Working...
                      X