No announcement yet.

Canelo would stop Cotto...do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    He's 23 years old and has wins over 3 former world champions. I cant think of any fighters at Junior Middle that accomplished that by the time they were 23. Just saying.
    If he fights Paulie Malignaggi next, that would be four wins over former world champs. Doesn't make it all that compelling.

Mosley is 40...if Canelo didn't beat him then he'd have no future in boxing. Bernard Hopkins, Mosley is proving not to be.

Cintron could no longer throw a punch and Baldomir was about as shot, if not more shot than Cintron. And we aren't talking past-prime, one foot out the door shot, all three of these guys walked out that door running and no way back type of shot.

And being 23 really isn't an excuse. Its a perfectly fine excuse if you aren't treated like a golden goose with a "world" title as well. As soon as his papi bought him that green strap, he no longer gets to hide behind the wall of being only 23. Never mind his arrogant "i'm not Mayweather's co-feature" attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      And thats exactly what i wanted you to say! It's his popularity with the WBC, Boxing writers, and Fans that makes you hate on the kid! Canelo doesn't make up the Rankings nor does he decide who gets title shots so like I said you hate his popularity the end. In otherwords you have no good reason to hate on a talented young fighter who finishes people! A real boxing fan would want more of those!
      A real boxing fan doesn't fall for the hype. Mathew Hatton. A bunch of bums & 1 doctored up Ryan Rhodes is all ginger's done. Pfft, it doesn't take much to impress you. LOL at real boxing fan. Hyping an overrated hypejob is not what a real boxing fan would do.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        If he fights Paulie Malignaggi next, that would be four wins over former world champs. Doesn't make it all that compelling.

Mosley is 40...if Canelo didn't beat him then he'd have no future in boxing. Bernard Hopkins, Mosley is proving not to be.

Cintron could no longer throw a punch and Baldomir was about as shot, if not more shot than Cintron. And we aren't talking past-prime, one foot out the door shot, all three of these guys walked out that door running and no way back type of shot.

And being 23 really isn't an excuse. Its a perfectly fine excuse if you aren't treated like a golden goose with a "world" title as well. As soon as his papi bought him that green strap, he no longer gets to hide behind the wall of being only 23. Never mind his arrogant "i'm not Mayweather's co-feature" attitude.
        You can downplay all those champions all you want but again answer my question. What current top 154 pound fighter at 23 had faced that level of fighter? Im not saying that Canelo should be top 10 PFP by the way I just think hes a really exciting fighter. And as far as his belt and populartiy ugh what do you want him to say? "No thanks Mr. Suliman I don't need a title shot and bunch of money". What popular fighter has ever said that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          A real boxing fan doesn't fall for the hype. Mathew Hatton. A bunch of bums & 1 doctored up Ryan Rhodes is all ginger's done. Pfft, it doesn't take much to impress you. LOL at real boxing fan. Hyping an overrated hypejob is not what a real boxing fan would do.
          Yeah yeah I heard it before "real" Boxing fans only like obscure eastern block fighters who have 300 amature fights blah blah blah

It's totally Saul's fault that his popularity has opend up doors to him that never opened up for Vanes, Kirkland, Angulo, and Lara. LOL he had a witch cast a spell or somethimng.

Just admit it you are a hater!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Yes, I agree.I think Canelo is better than many think he is and Cotto never was that good at 154 because he is a welterweight.
            Pretty much This^

Comment

Kk, glad most of us are on the same page around here. I was starting to get worried because a lot of people were trying to act like I was crazy when I said Canelo would stop Cotto.

Comment

I'm with Bushbaby on this one.

Where is the evidence? Who has Canelo beat? Cotton ain't what he was, but who know if Canelo can even take a shot. And where is all this activity that is supposed to swamp him? Please direct me to the fight where Alvarez throws 100 punches a round.

Not saying that Canelo can't stop Cotto, but to take it for granted is no less fanboi-ish than saying that this Cotto is the same one that beat Moseley.

If anybody feels the need, look in my post history and see that I'm waiting for that freckled kid to beat somebody legit before purchasing the Canelo express ticket. . Im no hater and have defended him in the past.
                Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Is this a joke? Canelo retires Cotto at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                    Is this a joke? Canelo retires Cotto at this point.
                    I wonder if it would be more brutal than what the guy in your sig did to him.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      Kk, glad most of us are on the same page around here. I was starting to get worried because a lot of people were trying to act like I was crazy when I said Canelo would stop Cotto.
                      It's not crazy to think Alvarez can win by KO,but it's not crazy to believe Cotto could beat Alvarez either..By stoppage as well..

Comment

Working...
                      X