Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael thinks Vitali Klitschko beats the heavyweight greats of the past. (link)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    you wrote that at the beginning of the thread. This is the end of the thread, something fresh would be appreciated 5 pages down the line, but if you cant manage something fresh then keep repeating it ad infinitum, see how far it gets you.
    Something else than lame hatred of the Klitschko's would be appreciated too. You didn't move on from that point.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      So historically, he's overrated, but also historically, he'd do well H2H.

You really need to elaborate.
      His resume is crap. He's never beat the top fighter at heavyweight and only defended the title once as true champion against Danny Williams. All time greatness is based on all time accomplishments. Head to head can be used to an extent, but its basically a guessing game with not solid foundation.

Comment

Something else than lame hatred of the Klitschko's would be appreciated too. You didn't move on from that point.
        absolutely wrong, I made a fresh point that hasnt been made yet (Vitali had balls to face an ATG, Wlad doesnt), in contrast to you who made exactly the same point word for word that you did 6 pages ago.

So you've accused me of my fresh point being an old point, whilst you've made the same old point yourself. Thats the height of misguided hypocrisy there, but no worries, mate.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-26-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

So historically, he's overrated, but also historically, he'd do well H2H.

You really need to elaborate.
          I agree with JAB and for me it's because the Klitschkos potential is so much higher than what they have proven.

They are unlucky (and in financial terms, very lucky probably) to have ruled in such a ****ty division. It's significantly weak in historical terms.

Comment

Who's he the "head nut jobber" here???? Imagine either Bros getting nailed with a Larry Holmes jab and right hand!! Its so ridiculous to think that these two big, stiff, novices could stand in with any well seasoned top pro!
            You have to be a "true fan" to think they could be competitive against top level greats!! You know.........."Fanatic" HA!! Nuts Ray.

Comment

The only version of ALI that the Klitzscho Bros has a chance of beating is the post 1975 version. They definitely wouldn't beat ALI in his "TRUE" prime in the mid 1960's, leading up to the his 3 year ban.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
                Your very naive or maybe bitter if you think vitali is not a top level fighter I'm not sayin he wrecks all the atg but I reckon he beats the smaller men Marciano,Dempsey,Louis ........nothing worse when people in any sport exaggerate talents of athletes from the past
                How about those that exaggerate the talents of athletes from the present?

Poet

Comment

Respected pundits like Dan Rafael acknowledges that the brothers would be a dominant force in any era.
                  The only place where Rafael is "respected" is at his local all-you-can-eat buffet.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    His resume is crap. He's never beat the top fighter at heavyweight and only defended the title once as true champion against Danny Williams. All time greatness is based on all time accomplishments. Head to head can be used to an extent, but its basically a guessing game with not solid foundation.
                    He's had all time accomplishments being a three time world champion, holding the second highest KO ratio of all hw champs, has never lost a decision, and in both defeats he was ahead on the scorecards when being stopped.
                    Together with his brother, he's written hw history, the brothers holding all belts simultaneously, with dominance and longevity.
                    He's a legend.

Comparing present day fighters with past day fighters will always be a guessing game, regardless of 'historical' achievements.

Comment

He's had all time accomplishments being a three time world champion, holding the second highest KO ratio of all hw champs, has never lost a decision, and in both defeats he was ahead on the scorecards when being stopped.
                      Together with his brother, he's written hw history, the brothers holding all belts simultaneously, with dominance and longevity.
                      He's a legend.

Comparing present day fighters with past day fighters will always be a guessing game, regardless of 'historical' achievements.
                      He's a 3 time titlist, not champion. Big difference. His career is very forgettable. If he's a legend I guess that would have made Brian Nielson the greatest of all time had he retired a 48-0 since he was the world champion and had a better resume than Vits. Sounds ridiculous, right? Well that's what it sounds like when you guys overrated Vittles career.

Comment

Working...
                      X