Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael thinks Vitali Klitschko beats the heavyweight greats of the past. (link)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad would not even get into the ring with any of these guys, so great is the fear he displays in the way he picks his opponents. Wlad would be scared ****less because he'd get knocked out by anyone who wasnt a dwarf or nearly retired.

His brother Vitali had balls to get in the ring with old, almost retired 37 year old Lennox and he gave it his absolute prime best shot but his braveness aside he got destroyed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
      He got outboxed and stopped by CHRIS BYRD
      somebody doesn't watch fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        Wlad would not even get into the ring with any of these guys, so great is the fear he displays in the way he picks his opponents. Wlad would be scared ****less because he'd get knocked out by anyone who wasnt a dwarf or nearly retired.

His brother Vitali had balls to get in the ring with old, almost retired 37 year old Lennox and he gave it his absolute prime best shot but his braveness aside he got destroyed for it.
        Respected pundits like Dan Rafael acknowledges that the brothers would be a dominant force in any era.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
          Respected pundits like Dan Rafael acknowledges that the brothers would be a dominant force in any era.
          you wrote that at the beginning of the thread. This is the end of the thread, something fresh would be appreciated 5 pages down the line, but if you cant manage something fresh then keep repeating it ad infinitum, see how far it gets you.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
            JAB, u mah nicka n all. But what exactly are we basing this on?

His victories over the vaunted Herbie Hide & Sam Peter? Or maybe it was his win over Tomasz "Chad Dawson leftovers" Adamek? Oh i know! Maybe it was his dominating performance over a fat 40 year old golfer who was only had 3 rds of fight in him before his gastank E. That's it!

This is Vitali's resume in a nutshell. And it's not the body of work of a boxer that deserves to mentioned among ATG's.

He got outboxed and stopped by CHRIS BYRD for christsake.

For context purposes, Chris Byrd couldn't even outbox Fres Oqendo & Andrew Golota.

Vitali is a CONTENDER level boxer, nothing more, nothing less.

Compare him to the "great" top contender level boxers from past era's, The Terrible Tim Witherspoon's, The Eddie Machen's, The Ernie Terrell's etc. NOT ATG champs, because that, he isn't.
            I despise how Vits is overrated by many historically. But I do believe he'd do well h2h. It's a styles thing and he's big, in shape and is a good fighter. I'll break it down when I have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              Dan Rafael is a fat fuking moron.

He is just butt hurt Lennox Lewis didn't sign his autograph that night before the Grant fight.

It was harilous. He ran up to Lewis all stumbling and tripping over his feet and my uncle just ushered him away. (My uncle was HOS for Lewis from 94-03) So I got all the inside info.

Dan Rafael loved Lennox and got rejected because Lennox didn't like guys, so now Fat Dan got a new fetish..

Fuking moron. Someone should beat fat Dan's azz bloody. Ask him when was the last time he saw his own ***.
              Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              Chase (Dallas, Tx)

Hey Dan,Do you think I'm crazy saying that Vitali Klitschko wrecks almost all heavyweights in history at his best? People think I'm insane when I say he would be competitive or beat most ATG's like Joe Louis, Ali, Foreman and Holmes. To make a still very, very good Lennox Lewis almost look one dimensional on short notice solidifies my position on this. I just want to know how you feel about it so I know If I'm fooling myself or not. Thanks.

Another fuking moron... Lewis was still 'very very good' BY the standards of MOST BOXERS.. but not by HIS STANDARDS.

Also Lewis was coming on strong and looked like he was gonna stop VK.

Chase from Dallas you are a ******.. stop watching boxing.
              Talk about butt-hurt. Its just someone's opinion.

Comment

The only reason that Vitali or Wlad would have a chance is because of their size advantage. Take that away and their skills are no where close to someone like Ali.

Wlad is more skilful but is more vulnerable.

For big guys, they try to avoid being hit. Especially for Wlad who has a questionable chin, it is crucial in him winning the fight.

If Wlad gets hit by a Foreman or Lewis, he would not be getting up! I can't see Wlad having any chance in beating Lewis. His only chance would be a punchers chance but a very low chance because he would be too tentative to commit fully with a power punch because he would know that Lewis had the size/reach to counter more effectively than who he has faced recently at HW. If you don't believe me, go review the Haye fight. Wlad was very tentative in trying to win big or going for the KO against the smaller Haye. That would not work against Lewis.

Vitali seems to have problems with movers or fighters that are hard to hit. Both Byrd and Chisora comes to mind. Vitali missed his big shots and gave the opponent an opportunity to beat him. I can see Ali beating Vitali in a similar fashion as Foreman but with a different game plan. Ali would just let Vitali miss his big punches for the first 4 or 5 rounds then go for the kill later in the fight once Vitali's shoulders are all soar/hurt.
                Vitali had trouble with an older out of shape version of Lewis and lost. So the probability of him doing better against a younger primed version of Lewis who had more than 2 weeks to prepare for the fight, is much lower.

Again, while it makes them who they are and you can't take it away from them, they have a chance due to their size not because of their skill advantages or lack their of ....

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  True and that was also what my post implied. As you probably remember, there was a couple of threads in the history section a few years ago, that produced some excellent analysis on the klits.

This is not a thread about resumes, in which Vitali would be found wanting, but about fantasy h2h matchups, and he would IMO only take a couple of losses against the HW champions of the past and those losses would be competitive.
                  I agree completely. I real can't see anyone just walking over Vittles, but he'd take some losses and get some wins against the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Talk about butt-hurt. Its just someone's opinion.
                    No.. butt hurt is when Lennox didn't sign fat Dan's autograph and Fat Dan broke down in the corner sobbing as my uncle had to usher his over weight walrus azz out.

That's butt hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      I despise how Vits is overrated by many historically. But I do believe he'd do well h2h. It's a styles thing and he's big, in shape and is a good fighter. I'll break it down when I have more time.
                      So historically, he's overrated, but also historically, he'd do well H2H.

You really need to elaborate.

Comment

Working...
                      X