Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido: My Nose Was Broken Too, Mexicans Don't Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    so you're saying Mexicans don't know how to fight....
    with a brilliant technician like Mikey ....putting on an amazing schooling last night

welcome to my ignore list
    what im saying is that the mexican fan base seems to care more about will than skill and this is an example of that, the skilled mexican gets the hate while the tough mexican gets the praise

Comment

Interestingly, this reminds me of the debate of letting judge's scores be made public after every round. The argument against seeing the scores every round IIRC was that if a boxer knows what the scores are, he or she could either cruise to a decision or have an 'accident' and the fight goes to the scorecard.

Mikey Garcia found a way out and took it the first chance he got. Heck, even Victor Ortiz fought with a broken jaw for a few rounds.

Comment

It doesn't matter if he was winning or not, I don't understand why people keep bringing that up. This is boxing, all you need to win is one punch, it doesn't matter if you were loosing every round via destruction, you can still win with just one punch.

People keep saying "Yeah Mikey was destroying him, there was no point in going on" and "He intentionally headbutted Mikey" ... Yeah, García was easily winning but you could see that the fight was becoming increasingly harder for Mikey. Salido was getting closer to him, was landing some good shots and Mikey truly showed that he has no inside game, he kept hugging as soon as Salido came close.

And about the headbutt, how in hell can any of you say for sure that it was intentional? Not even the ref thought it was intentional. For me it was an accident, but the truth is that only Salido know if it was an accident or an intentional headbutt, so enough with that shit.

Comment

"Mexicans dont quit"? .....I guess Salido doesnt watch much boxing.

Comment

"It is very broken," said Dr. Robert Polofsky, one of two New York State Athletic Commission physicians. "He couldn't breathe. It's too dangerous to have him continue the fight like that. So we made the decision to stop the fight."

Garcia said: "I didn't know my nose was broken. But I felt the pain from the head butt."

"It's a great feeling," Garcia said. "But I would have preferred the fight to go 12 rounds and finish the fight. If it would have been a knockout it would have been even better."

Comment

salido is dumb, breaking your nose from a punch vs an 'accidental' headbutt are 2 completely different things. He was getting dominated anyways who cares

Comment

Salido didn't win a round. The man was butted and couldn't breath properly. The nose was immediately broken. Only Salido's fans and arm chair fanatics think that Garcia quit.

Comment

meh.............

Comment

Morales fought with a broken nose in one of the Barrera fights. Marquez fought 12 rounds with a broken nose in the first Pacquiao fight and he kept fighting with a broken nose in the last Pac fight. Garcia made a smart decition to quit because he was up on the score cards but Mexican fans don't like to see that ****.

Comment

Why are people making such a huge buzz about the headbutt? Its boxing and this kind of sht happens. Plus this is not the first time Garcia stops a fight to protect his fighter, he did the same thing when Pelos got stunned badly on his last fight. Smart move by Garcia but its not what most want to see. Add to the fact that they where talking sht about Ortiz and this just makes them look bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X