Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido: My Nose Was Broken Too, Mexicans Don't Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
    what im saying is that the mexican fan base seems to care more about will than skill and this is an example of that, the skilled mexican gets the hate while the tough mexican gets the praise
    Mexican American fighters are only considered Mexican when they are fighting a non Mexican!

Comment

Mikey"quitter"garcia should be so ****ken embarrased that he won a belt quitting in his stool

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        I think Salido's underlying point is, it wouldn't have mattered if his own nose was broken from a punch or not, he would've kept going anyway. That's what makes Salido a dangerous fighter. If there's a rematch, Garcia is in trouble and will be forced to destroy Siri completely.

Of course he would have kept going. The last thing he wanted at that point was the fight going to the cards.

Comment

Arums way of creating controversy! The rematch King strikes again!

Comment

Watch the replay! You
            Can clearly hear the doctor say "No, it's not broken" ... The doctor was saying he was fine to continue... Watch the dvr!

Comment

Originally posted by LaBéstia View Post
              Watch the replay! You
              Can clearly hear the doctor say "No, it's not broken" ... The doctor was saying he was fine to continue... Watch the dvr!
              i saw the same thing...one doc said no and the other doc came up and didnt think it was...Shlt wasnt even bleeding! lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I think Salido's underlying point is, it wouldn't have mattered if his own nose was broken from a punch or not, he would've kept going anyway. That's what makes Salido a dangerous fighter. If there's a rematch, Garcia is in trouble and will be forced to destroy Siri completely.
                Sounds like a comic book line. As if being destroyed doesn't imply "completeness."

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                  "It is very broken," said Dr. Robert Polofsky, one of two New York State Athletic Commission physicians. "He couldn't breathe. It's too dangerous to have him continue the fight like that. So we made the decision to stop the fight."

Garcia said: "I didn't know my nose was broken. But I felt the pain from the head butt."

"It's a great feeling," Garcia said. "But I would have preferred the fight to go 12 rounds and finish the fight. If it would have been a knockout it would have been even better."
                  This right here. It was the doctor who stopped the fight. If Salido had broken Mikey's nose with punches and the doctor stops it, it's a TKO for Salido. But since it was from a butt it goes to the cards. You guys know the rules of boxing, right?

Comment

Originally posted by LaBéstia View Post
                    Watch the replay! You
                    I'll have to go back and watch that but there were at least 2 doctors and at best they didn't agree according to what you're saying. Garcia's corner doesn't have the power to stop the fight on medical opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaBéstia View Post
                      Watch the replay! You
                      Lol that's bs. Both doctors said stop the fight clearly. I'm watching the replay over and over. Why make this stuff up? And your nose doesn't have to bleed to be broken. At the end of the day, Mikey just needs to beat him again in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X