Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Saving Mexico For Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way will this fight be in Mexico. Bob is just using this for negotiating leverage.

Probably to try to get Jerry Jones to open up his pocketbooks a little bit more in order to have this in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      No way will this fight be in Mexico. Bob is just using this for negotiating leverage.

Probably to try to get Jerry Jones to open up his pocketbooks a little bit more in order to have this in Dallas.
      I think it can. The Pac gravy train is ending soon.... maximize profits before JMM retires... then if Pac is still game, set up a Rios fight

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        They don't test in Mexico or do they? I hope they don't for this fight lol.
        cant really be any worse than USADA that tests their pet fighter, finds positive results for PEDS 3 times, and then hides the truth from the public so he could fight no problem...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          cant really be any worse than USADA that tests their pet fighter, finds positive results for PEDS 3 times, and then hides the truth from the public so he could fight no problem...
          if bob arum is so set on letting the commission conduct the blood testing then it is a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
            if bob arum is so set on letting the commission conduct the blood testing then it is a waste of time
            they are all waste of time expept VADA's all year testing...

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
              Well, last time i checked, Pacquiao was asking for this fight minutes after 4th was over. So, why is he a puppet? But what the hell, there's nothing Pacquiao can do to please a bunch of haters over here.
              I agree, Pacquiao does give good sound bytes, but everyone knows its his promoter that makes the fight, Manny just tags along.

"I'll fight who my promoter wants me to fight"

Comment

sounds good. hope the blood testing issues get ironed out and adopt stricter regulations, not point any fingers, just throwing it out there

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

You're probably right. They hardly ever have big fights there and I'm sure there is a reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    What makes you think it'll be pacquiao and arum who backs down from the Sept date and not Mayweather?
                    Floyd has fought only during May or September and only at MGM for like the last 5 or 6 years. Arum has already complained that he gets those dates but well he signs up for them first. Its basically a given that Mayweather-Canelo happens in September. I dont think MGM or HBO would give it to Pac/Arum over floyd. Pac-JMM has been played out a bit, theres a lot of money in the 5th fight but I think they will favor Floyd-Canelo over it.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      Floyd has fought only during May or September and only at MGM for like the last 5 or 6 years. Arum has already complained that he gets those dates but well he signs up for them first. Its basically a given that Mayweather-Canelo happens in September. I dont think MGM or HBO would give it to Pac/Arum over floyd. Pac-JMM has been played out a bit, theres a lot of money in the 5th fight but I think they will favor Floyd-Canelo over it.
                      well many polls are showing that the majority of boxing fans would rather see Pac-Marquez 5 over Mayweather-Martinez and Mayweather-Canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X