No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Saving Mexico For Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
    I disagree Hopkins went into enemy territory and won a decision against pascal everyone is well aware of the scoring problems when these two fight roach said it before if it goes the distance he dosen't think he'll get the decision and the Marquez camp feels the same way personally I don't think any fighter goes in thinking on winning by decision neither fighter wants it in the hands of the judges so without risk there is no reward.
    the agreement for that was no canadian, french, or US officials to participate in that fight reffing it and scoring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Some screaming about scoring?! Did no one see the the Martinez fight this weekend? Typical TR card
      Yea the fight wasn't even close 116 to 112 Martinez what the hell was that judge watching man? The other one had it a draw... Wow! Lederman's card was right on.

Comment

Yea the fight wasn't even close 116 to 112 Martinez what the hell was that judge watching man? The other one had it a draw... Wow! Lederman's card was right on.
        in general you score for the person who lands the clean punches like me you probably would have had a score for burgos 10-2. It was the sole reason i scored the Pacquiao-Bradley fight 11-1 like HBO did in favor of Pacquiao but still feel they need to get off his nuts

Comment

In Pacquiao's defense, as a fighter, I can't imagine a more difficult opponent right now besides Mayweather.

Props to Pac for stepping up, no respect to Arum for pressuring Marquez to fight when he didn't need to.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
            the agreement for that was no canadian, french, or US officials to participate in that fight reffing it and scoring it.
            You know what you're right I forgot but he still had to go to Canada and deal with that crowd. But I imagine for pacquiao it's got to be 10 times more difficult to go to Mexico and deal with that but I believe in general they respect and like pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              6th fight in the Philipenes
              If the 5th fight is remotely competitive Arum will probably think about it. He will milk this rivalry until one of them retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                In Pacquiao's defense, as a fighter, I can't imagine a more difficult opponent right now besides Mayweather.

Props to Pac for stepping up, no respect to Arum for pressuring Marquez to fight when he didn't need to.
                No he didn't need to no doubt... Problem is too many fans as well as ringsiders believe he never beat Marquez so he needed to remove all doubt but as we all know it didn't work out but a mayweather fight is going to be difficult to put together at this point.

Comment

It is very unfair for Pacquiao to have Arum held the fight in Mexico. It will jeopardize the safety of the Filipino fans.

Comment

You know what you're right I forgot but he still had to go to Canada and deal with that crowd. But I imagine for pacquiao it's got to be 10 times more difficult to go to Mexico and deal with that but I believe in general they respect and like pacquiao.

the same agreement would probably be made for the 5th fight no mexican or filipino judges but free game for american judges.

Comment

No he didn't need to no doubt... Problem is too many fans as well as ringsiders believe he never beat Marquez so he needed to remove all doubt but as we all know it didn't work out but a mayweather fight is going to be difficult to put together at this point.
                      as a fan of Pacquiao even I believe that he never won more than 6 rounds in any of the fights he had vs Marquez although the 4th fight was en route to be stopped by marquez's corner if it went 2 more rounds and kept taking that kind of punishment. either way here is how I have scored their 3 previous fights.

Pacquiao vs Marquez scoring the first 3 fights

1: 9-3 Marquez- can't give pac any rounds except 1,2,12
                      2: 6-6 Pacquiao(1 KD)- scored it exactly the way lederman did except rd 12
                      3: 6-6 Even- Pac looked like $h!t but still won 6 rounds, Marquez looked better and only won 6 rds in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X