Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Saving Mexico For Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum wants the fight in Mexico because it is very likely Pac will have his most convincing performance to date in the 5th fight. Therefore it will either set up a "revenge" 6th fight for JMM. Or Pac will get robbed. Either senerio, he's planning on having a 6th fight in the Phillipines. Bob knows at this point both guys would likely struggle with many of the top fighters at 140-147. Therefore, as long as he matches them against each other, neither loses any status. Boxing fans notoriously confuse exciting fights with high skill level fights. For example, the Gatti-Ward trilogy and more recently the Rios-Alvarado fight. Not saying that Pac and JMM are competing down to the level of those guys. But, IMO neither at this point in a bonafide elite, which would be exposed against anyone else but each other. Therefore Bob is gonna milk this thing for everything its worth before tossing either of these guys to a true elite or even a legit up-and-comer.

Comment

I don't want this fight to happen, I'm 100% sure PAC stops Marquez this time around. Would be bad and in his hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Arum wants the fight in Mexico because it is very likely Pac will have his most convincing performance to date in the 5th fight. Therefore it will either set up a "revenge" 6th fight for JMM. Or Pac will get robbed. Either senerio, he's planning on having a 6th fight in the Phillipines. Bob knows at this point both guys would likely struggle with many of the top fighters at 140-147. Therefore, as long as he matches them against each other, neither loses any status. Boxing fans notoriously confuse exciting fights with high skill level fights. For example, the Gatti-Ward trilogy and more recently the Rios-Alvarado fight. Not saying that Pac and JMM are competing down to the level of those guys. But, IMO neither at this point in a bonafide elite, which would be exposed against anyone else but each other. Therefore Bob is gonna milk this thing for everything its worth before tossing either of these guys to a true elite or even a legit up-and-comer.
        Who are these elites at jww and welter, other than Floyd? Pac just fought Bradley and wasn't close. Paulie's got a belt, defending vs Mosley lol. Guerrero barely made it out in one piece against borderline bum Aydin.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSmurf View Post
          I don't want this fight to happen, I'm 100% sure PAC stops Marquez this time around. Would be bad and in his hometown.
          You are "100% sure" based on what? The fact that Marquez has already out-boxed Pacquiao 3 times and KOed him once? Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Who are these elites at jww and welter, other than Floyd? Pac just fought Bradley and wasn't close. Paulie's got a belt, defending vs Mosley lol. Guerrero barely made it out in one piece against borderline bum Aydin.
            I've watched Pac-Bradley several times. And while I've always scored it for Pac, it wasn't nearly the lopsided blowout people made it out to be. Do you really think Pac or JMM at this point in their careers could deal with the relentless, skilled pressure that Ghost (full of PEDs IMO) put on Berto? Devon Alexander could outbox Pac. At 140, Garcia is overrated, but hits like a mule. I think Rios gives both hell. And just for kicks, do you think Pac or JMM could really do anything with Adrien Broner at 140? Pac had a great run because for whatever reason, the world thinks bigger is better. And as soon as he ran outta bigger, less skilled fighters to whip up on and was forced to fight skilled guys, his balloon busted. And outside of Pac continuing to run his face into the same punch over and over and over and over again in their last fight. What about what JMM impressed you to the point where you still feel he's a bonafide elite? He looked slow and old.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              I've watched Pac-Bradley several times. And while I've always scored it for Pac, it wasn't nearly the lopsided blowout people made it out to be. Do you really think Pac or JMM at this point in their careers could deal with the relentless, skilled pressure that Ghost (full of PEDs IMO) put on Berto? Devon Alexander could outbox Pac. At 140, Garcia is overrated, but hits like a mule. I think Rios gives both hell. And just for kicks, do you think Pac or JMM could really do anything with Adrien Broner at 140? Pac had a great run because for whatever reason, the world thinks bigger is better. And as soon as he ran outta bigger, less skilled fighters to whip up on and was forced to fight skilled guys, his balloon busted. And outside of Pac continuing to run his face into the same punch over and over and over and over again in their last fight. What about what JMM impressed you to the point where you still feel he's a bonafide elite? He looked slow and old.
              I don't really know. I think Pac from JMM 4 fight runs through Guerrero and just about anyone at 147. Bradley might make it closer, not sure if that'd be enough. Most people had it a blowout last time. Even if his chin is weakened now, probably won't be a factor vs most of these guys. Broner, no idea, he hasn't fought anyone within 5 talent brackets from Pac.

I'm not sure about JMM, he's no exactly proven above 135 except vs Pac, not really a good gauge.

Comment

Marquez will be juiced to the gills even more so now since the fight is in Mexico, Pacman might actually get seriously hurt this time.

Arum is stupid if he makes this fight in Mexico. He must really hate Pacquiao.

Comment

6th fight in the Philipenes

Comment

Not interested in this rematch but I'm glad things are finally going Marquez way. It took nearly all his career just for him to shine.

Fans are shell shocked that a relatively unknown little Mexican put manny to sleep. They won't be satisfied till pacquaio dies trying to beat Marquez.

Marquez clear victories over manny are already on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Marquez will be juiced to the gills even more so now since the fight is in Mexico, Pacman might actually get seriously hurt this time.

Arum is stupid if he makes this fight in Mexico. He must really hate Pacquiao.
                      Bob don't give a ****. However it would be funny if Pac all of a sudden wants extra drug tests and JMM says no...... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X