Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Tripleheader: Salido-Garcia, Golovkin-Rosado, Martinez-Burgos Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
    Say once and I'll say it again If Gennady was American people would give him love...
    Yeah, that's the same reason Pac and Marquez don't get any love either. Because they're not American.

Oh wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      what are the odds that canelo picks rosado next?
      Not with that cut, that's gonna take some time heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Mate, he should have knocked this guy out right quick if he was half as good as people have been saying. Rosado is no good. He's just not. When you get to the top, elite, world level guys like Rosado are either utterly embarrassed or just KTFO in a round or two.

People have been calling him the next superstar, the next P4P guy and yes, some have been calling him the next middleweight ATG. Obviously wacked out fans of his.

ATGs, P4Pers etc walk through guys like Rosado without even blinking.

Don't get me wrong though. He is good. He'll stay champ for plenty of time, but the amount of hype that has surrounded him is nuts. It's also undeserved so far.

The minute he steps up and beats a prime champion or top, skilled fighter rather than second rate domestic level hacks like Rosado and Proksa, then I'll stop disagreeing with the P4P, 'next great' etc talk. I won't agree with it, because I just can't see it at all, but I won't laugh at it.

He 30 or 31 years old. If he was 20 or 21, I would be agreeing with people. He is as good as he's ever going to be right now though. He is not going to get any better. For me, that's not that good for the hype he's had.
        I think you're giving Rosado too little credit. He's not "no good" but he's not elite. He's a solid B or B-.

Also, WAR SOLIDO

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          I guess I'm looking more at fanboy hype than realistic hype most posters were giving him. He did look good tonight, but if you can handle his outstanding offense, he can be caught and I could see Sergio outboxing him.
          Yeah nobody walks through Sergio Martinez. It's very premature to even put him in the same discussion. I think he should fight somebody like Pirog, Geale, Sturm or even Quillin or N'Dam before he goes after Sergio.

Comment

• So ggg is a hype job cause he didn't the KO or KD? He was easily hurting and breaking rosado down...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Rosado earned tons of respect from me tonight. He was just overmatched. He was getting broken down slowly but surely. Golovkin had trouble landing clean on Rosado, but the credit for that is with Rosado. He made himself a tough target. The only problem though is he was not mounting any real offense of his own because of that. He was getting Golovkin's attention in there with a few shots, but he knew by opening up he could have gotten caught clean by GGG.
              ^ this. def give big props to rosado honestly would rather see him than GGG in a good fight again

Comment

• Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                I don`t get this. He got hit not more than 5 solid shots. ****in mayweather gets hit once in a while. He was super aggressive and still did not take a lot of punches. He`s defense is underated and the way he puts pressure without throwing punches is very tiring on opponents.
                Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Dude those punches were hurting Rosada and wearing him down. That's what Golovkin does.

Who cares about hype.NSB is full of tards.
                I think like PBP said, I'm criticizing Golovkin's fanboys more than Golovkin himself. He looked very good, just not like some said he would.

Comment

• Much respect to Rosado.... Dude put his heart in the fight.

Now, as far as the main event, Im stuck on who I want to win. I wish both would have fought someone else.

Comment

• Back to NBC Sports you go, Rosado.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Take Gary Russell Jr. off of that list. WTF HBO.

He ain't done **** yet.
                      Well, for what it's worth Kellerman did say he hasn't fought anyone yet. Hopefully he fights a legit opponent this year because I'm sure fans are getting tired of waiting.

Comment

Working...
                      X