Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't people want Broner to clean out 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I agree, I don't like the fight either. He should of fought Vazquez when the Burns fight fell through and Vazquez said he'd like a crack at him. Oh wow just looked, Ring has Broner at #6. This is like the Ryan Rhodes fight that Canelo took.
    If Canelo and Broner didn't have titles or were rated as P4P fighters then who cares. They're both young and should take their time building their careers, but any sympathy goes out the window when they're overrated or get titles gifted. Then people actually expect quality matches. I don't even like Broner but I wouldn't have criticized a Burns, Vazquez or even an Abril fight.

Comment

well, at least we all agree that Gavin Rees will be beaten like a readheaded stepchild. now we can all hold hands and sing the coca-cola song.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
        and if not vazquez then hell abril would have been fine. just not the 5'3" gavin rees
        Abril vs Broner would of been an awsome fight IMO

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        If Canelo and Broner didn't have titles or were rated as P4P fighters then who cares. They're both young and should take their time building their careers, but any sympathy goes out the window when they're overrated or get titles gifted. Then people actually expect quality matches. I don't even like Broner but I wouldn't have criticized a Burns, Vazquez or even an Abril fight.
        I agree with everything you just said.

Comment

Abril was already scheduled to fight Bogere.

Comment

can't believe broner ducked vazquez and abril to fight 5'3" rees. damn. not something a "p4p #5" would do imo

Comment

People don't want him to clean it out because he CAN'T clean it out. Vasquez would out class him

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Probably because it's full of garbage. So if you want to see Broner in garbage fights, sure go a head and clean it out. If you want to see him in good fights, move to 140. Simple as that.

I mean after Gavin Rees (lol) who's next?! The great ricky burns?!? Ooooohhh yeeeaaaahhh!!!!!
                Ricky Burns is a good fighter and that would be a good fight.

Comment

To answer the question, I don't know why.

People are impatient, he should stay at 135 and clean it out. If he can get Burns, Vasquez and Abril this year it would be 3 very good wins. He should try and make those fights before moving to 140.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 01-10-2013, 07:47 AM.

Comment

because he is in his prime right now, and people don't want him to waste anymore time at 135.. the hot division is 140. i have no problem with what he does though.. 135 would be of great learning.. but if he wants to be a jumping spider at 147 then go back below its also fine by me. its his story of greatness. I hope he's legit and won't get exposed soon.

Comment

One day some of you are going to realize that boxing is a business before anything else. Name one Promoter who has allowed their fighter to take a fight where the risk outweighed the reward.

What probably happened is Burns would be the best money fight. After that feel through Broner's team looked out there to see what fight that could make fast and cheap with someone at 135. They def could have revisited Vasquez but since boxing is a business they took that same offer they made him (probably even less) to Gavin Rees and he took it.

Vasquez is obviously a tougher fight but if you are in charge of Broner's career would it makes sense to take that fight so soon after Demarco with the risk/reward not being to your liking? Since that is a higher risk fight would you not want to have time to put together a real promotional plan behind it?

Boxing is no longer a pride and honor sport its about getting the best money you can for every opponent while minimizing your risk of losing the marketability of your fighter. Its promoters making the decisions on who these guys are fighting next and they couldn't care less about all this ducking talk. They were hired to maximize their fighters profitability and that's all they consider.

Comment

Working...
                      X