Comments Thread For: Team Rigondeaux To Donaire: Olympic Tests, No Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    I didn't expect he would.....

The problem I have..... Why wait till June???
    Personally, I'd rather that Rigo get in at least one fight with a very good opponent. Marroquin isn't a bad fighter, but I don't like the thought of Guillermo going straight from him to Donaire. It's like hitting AAA pitching one day and stepping up to the plate in the Majors the next, if you get my analogy. If there's no other way, then fine...but I don't like it. Too bad the fight with Poonsawat fell through.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Personally, I'd rather that Rigo get in at least one fight with a very good opponent. Marroquin isn't a bad fighter, but I don't like the thought of Guillermo going straight from him to Donaire. It's like hitting AAA pitching one day and stepping up to the plate in the Majors the next, if you get my analogy. If there's no other way, then fine...but I don't like it. Too bad the fight with Poonsawat fell through.
      Yeah I could understand your point of view.....

It seems you and I were the only ones to pick up on that line in the Donaire article were he said "they don't want to do that" referring to moving the dates

I think despite the talk both have mutual respect for the others skill level.... Rigo doesn't want to just jump into the fight it would seem (don't blame him) and on any given day you don't know what you'll get out of Donaire

Comment

But till june..that's so ****ing long...why not in february 23?

Comment

But till june..that's so ****ing long...why not in february 23?

Comment

Working...
          X