No announcement yet.

looks like it'll be Gavin Rees facing Adrien Broner on Feb 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Not a big fan of the Guerrero fight, but RIGHT NOW...it's more legit than Canelo is. Let Canelo win a good fight first....

If anything, Guerrero sounded like a punk when he said Broner would need to move up to 147 lbs to fight him, I mean it would have meant Broner jumping 3 weight classes at the time to fight Guerrero....not going to happen. That was all talk on both sides, that fight had 0% chance of happening and they both knew it.

This fight is a stay busy fight, hopefully Burns won't keep avoiding him....
    We'll see, man. I really hope to see Gamboa in the mix because I know Broner can beat him. I'm just curious to see how Broner deals with Gamboa's speed and athleticism.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      What's funny is we have Canelo fans criticizing this, and it's not a great fight, but it's a stay busy fight against a top 10 opponent. Rees will get killed, but who else is there realistically right now, aside from Burns, for February 16??? Murray, Beltran, Mitchell, it'd be the same story.

At least Broner is keeping busy fighting someone actually ranked, where as Canelo just got done fighting a career JWW at SWW.
      Stop worrying about Donaire and Canelo. Worry about the farce we're gonna get served up as a headline event on HBO.

I understand Boner fans want to see the guy again but this fight in an insult.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        broner is gonna get laughed at when everyone realizes he's fighting someone who's 5 feet tall. the guy on the right's 5'8. the guy on the left is rees. this is gonna be hilarious.

Damn that is just insane. "Broner #5 p4p".

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          Stop worrying about Donaire and Canelo. Worry about the farce we're gonna get served up as a headline event on HBO.

I understand Boner fans want to see the guy again but this fight in an insult.
          I don't like it, but I've never really seen anyone get so pissed about a stay busy fight. I can't imagine what people would have said about Whitaker fighting some of the couple tune up/stay busy fights at 135 he had in between better fights.

I want to see Broner-Burns, do you think Burns will stop avoiding it???

Comment

• Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
            Lost to Kotelnik. Short, slow, no defence, typical weak Brit.
            So did maidana and Alexander although not officially , no shame in that he's a. Former WBA lww holder and lost once . And weak Brit ? It's normally the opposite u vvanker

Comment

• the fight will be on REGULAR HBO...not PPV...so no need to pull your hair out...if dudes don't like the fight, don't watch it...I'm quite sure the pimps and players on this forum can find something better to do with a Saturday night than act lilke you're FORCED to chill in the crib and watch Broner work...c'mon now....don't let the negative energy get the best of yall...fight through it....keep it off with the jab and try landing some hard stuff to put it to rest....thats how I beat up the negative energy when it tries to move me a certain way....try it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                My point is, Canelo is TRYING to fight the best fighter in or around his weightclass. How could that possibly be cherry picking? He's at least trying to fight what who is perceived to be the biggest threat/challenge. What is Broner doing? Guerrero punked him to his face and Broner pulled the "talking to my promoter" especially after all the b.s. he talked. Why can't his fans just admit that this fight is ****?

And I know you're smart enough to know that Guerrero is not a bigger threat than Canelo. Guerrero is pretty much tailor made for Floyd and of course, non of his fans want to bring that up. All of a sudden, Guerrero is a monster that can't be stopped.
                Not one person or "Floyd fan" has made The Ghost out to be some monster that can't be stopped and you know that. Stop it with the hyperbole. 4Corners argument is clear and he has said (like I have said) is not big on the Floyd-Robert fight happening. But what he has consistently said is that Robert has at least beat top fighters in the WW division, that much can't be ignored. Canelo should have fought other top fighters by now, period.

Comment

• Like I said in the other thread, people obviously have never heard of Rees and are over reacting.

It's not a great fight but Rees is in the Top 10 at 135 and it's solid.

It's not Broner's fault Burns and his team don't want the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Like I said in the other thread, people obviously have never heard of Rees and are over reacting.

Exactly. He could be fighting someone 2 weight classes below him at 135.....like another person mentioned a couple times in this thread.

I mean let's look at the Top 10 at 135:

Broner- Himself

Vazquez- http://ring tv. craveonline.com/blog/176415-vazquez-craves-shot-at-broner

He turned down the offer to fight Broner last November, and it's hard to envision a Zanfer fighter, who works with Top Rank, fighting a top Golden Boy fighter.

DeMarco- Already beat him
                    Burns- Still not keen on fighting Broner, hopefully this happens in May
                    Abril- Fighting Bogere
                    Bogere- Fighting Abril

That leaves Gavin Rees, Reymundo Beltran, John Murray, and Kevin Mitchell. I mean none of those are going to be big fights or tough fights for Broner really. Mitchell was just KO'd by Burns, I'm not sure Murray has fought since getting stopped by Rios, Beltran beat Lundy but I remember hearing HBO turned that fight down for October 6th, when Broner was suppose to fight in that date. I mean Gavin Rees is no world beater or tough fight for Broner, but it's a stay busy fight against a Top 10 opponent.

I've never seen anyone get so mad about a stay busy fight before. What would people here have said about Floyd fighting Juuko or Gerena as stay busy fights, or Pernell fighting Gavlan/Marquez at 135 tune ups in between his better fights, or Shane fighting Leija as a stay busy fight, the list could go on and on.

We have people on here saying Broner, age 23 and coming off beating the #1 fighter at his weight at the time, saying he's making such a terrible choice in Rees as a stay busy fight. And then defending Sergio Martinez when he fought Darren f**king Barer and now Martin Murray. I mean people need to at least keep it 100.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 12-28-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Like I said in the other thread, people obviously have never heard of Rees and are over reacting.

cmon irondan you know the drill. Broner is a "world class" fighter that some of the posters said couldn't move up to fight hank lundy becuase h]ank was a bum. those same posters thought lundy moving up to fight matthysse, before it was cancelled, was a good fight for matthysse, who is also a "world class" fighter.

i never understood how someone skills change relative to who they fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X