No announcement yet.

May 4th card will have Mayweather, Canelo, and Broner fighting on it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    you're a shiiiity troll. your jokes lack wit, you post in every thread (which, make for shiiity reads) AND you lack basic boxing knowledge. may you die off in a rage waged deep in a bag of snyder's of hanover pretzels .... a good big piece lodged in your throat

that or a dry aaass sope with a piece of pastor too big to get down.

happy holidays
    did you use google translate for that?

Comment

I just don't want to see Floyd fight Canelo until Canelo does something legit. I'd take even Canelo beating Angulo or Kirkland, than fighting Floyd. To get me really hyped to where I think Floyd beating Canelo would mean something big, he'd need to beat Austin Trout in his next fight. I doubt that fight happens though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Sergio Martinez*
        Austin Trout
        Juan Manuel Marquez @ 143/144
        Manny Pacquiao
        Tim Bradley
        Lucas Matthysse

* Murray could easily be paid to step aside.
        Lucas Matthysse as a possible Mayweather opponent, really??? This place is getting out of hand.

Bradley is with Top Rank and is set to return Late February/Early March, doubt that happens, and though I'd like to see it and it'd be a legit, no one is really calling for that fight either.

Mayweather already dominated Marquez, it'd be like seeing an Alexander-Maidana rematch, pointless.

Pacquiao just got knocked the f**k out, I don't think anyone is thinking about Floyd-Pac right now, especially since Manny isn't even thinking of returning until Late Summer/Early Fall 2013.

Austin Trout would be good, but who in the wide world of sports is calling for that??? It'd be like having Manny fight Devon Alexander next or something. A legit good fight, but no one, not even the fighters themselves, are calling for it.

And Sergio Martinez is fighting at 160, and has been set to fight Murray for the last couple months. Why can't Sergio give up his fighting smaller men dream, and fight the bigges threats in his own weight class, instead of Darren Barker's, Martin Murray's, etc???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Lucas Matthysse as a possible Mayweather opponent, really??? This place is getting out of hand.

Bradley is with Top Rank and is set to return Late February/Early March, doubt that happens, and though I'd like to see it and it'd be a legit, no one is really calling for that fight either.

Mayweather already dominated Marquez, it'd be like seeing an Alexander-Maidana rematch, pointless.

Pacquiao just got knocked the f**k out, I don't think anyone is thinking about Floyd-Pac right now, especially since Manny isn't even thinking of returning until Late Summer/Early Fall 2013.

Austin Trout would be good, but who in the wide world of sports is calling for that??? It'd be like having Manny fight Devon Alexander next or something. A legit good fight, but no one, not even the fighters themselves, are calling for it.

And Sergio Martinez is fighting at 160, and has been set to fight Murray for the last couple months. Why can't Sergio give up his fighting smaller men dream, and fight the bigges threats in his own weight class, instead of Darren Barker's, Martin Murray's, etc???
          Keep making excuses.

Is maidana a better fight for floyd just because he got a better resume than canelo?

We are trying to see good fights,if you dont think canelo would be a more competitive fight than guerrero then i dont know what to say.

Also nooooo one was asking for guerrero fight, just like nooo one was asking for a trout fight. Guerrero just happens to be more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
            Keep making excuses.

Is maidana a better fight for floyd just because he got a better resume than canelo?

We are trying to see good fights,if you dont think canelo would be a more competitive fight than guerrero then i dont know what to say.

Also nooooo one was asking for guerrero fight, just like nooo one was asking for a trout fight. Guerrero just happens to be more popular.
            You think Lucas Matthysse is a good fight for Floyd to take??? I mean that's like mentioning Erislandy Lara or something.

I said Trout would be good, but not even Trout thinks it'll happen. It's like saying Manny could fight Devon Alexander, you really that would have a shot at happening, even though it'd be a legit fight to take??? Not a shot in hell.

I'd like to see Canelo, if he does something legit first. Guerrero in May, though I've admitted I'm not a huge fan of it or in love with it, is legit.

Comment

Most believe Matthysse is the man at 140, Floyd can make 140 according to his father and uncle. If not, a catchweight is an open possibility. Matthysse would take it in a heartbeat.

Bradley is with Top Rank doesn't cut it as an excuse. He has already called for a Mayweather bout.

Marquez was dominated - doesn't cut it when he was dragged up two divisions three years ago particularly when a catchweight is cited. He has said recently he would go better this time.

Pacquiao is said to have wanted to return earlier. Roach still wants the Mayweather fight. It's a tough ask and probably least likely but the money generated could convince anyone.

Trout just beat Cotto, he would jump at a Mayweather shot like most fighters.

Martinez would jump at the Mayweather shot and Murray could easily be paid off.

Now one can make keep making excuses but the reality is almost all would be ready to fight FMJ in May if he wanted to make it happen.

Guerrero it is then.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 12-26-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

You think Lucas Matthysse is a good fight for Floyd to take??? I mean that's like mentioning Erislandy Lara or something.

I said Trout would be good, but not even Trout thinks it'll happen. It's like saying Manny could fight Devon Alexander, you really that would have a shot at happening, even though it'd be a legit fight to take??? Not a shot in hell.

I'd like to see Canelo, if he does something legit first. Guerrero in May, though I've admitted I'm not a huge fan of it or in love with it, is legit.
                Stop saying trout-floyd is like asking for devon-manny. Devon lost 3 times in roll, it is nothing like it.

Trout is a fight no ne calls for not because they dont wanna see it but because everyone knows a fight like that is something floyd will never entertain. He knows it the public knows it.

Let me ask, are you the type that thinks going into a fight the winner is the guy with the better resume?

Comment

Floyd-Matthysse would be bull. The guys who should be fighting Matthysse are Garcia, Rios, Khan, Peterson, etc.

Floyd-Marquez II, I don't think there's a more undesired rematch that could happen.

Floyd-Pac, Manny needs to get back with a good win or two before that fight has any luster again.

Floyd-Trout would be good, but the guy who needs to fight Trout is one Saul Alvarez. That's the fight everyone wants.

Floyd-Bradley, if that happened you know you would say Floyd is fighting someone Pac beat and dominated last time out. You know it, I know it, and anyone who knows how you work on here knows you would as well. With that said, I really wouldn't mind. I'd really like to see my boy Bradley get a Marquez shot too.

Floyd-Sergio.....same answer as as I did before.

Comment

Floyd-Matthysse would be bull. The guys who should be fighting Matthysse are Garcia, Rios, Khan, Peterson, etc.

Floyd-Marquez II, I don't think there's a more undesired rematch that could happen.

Floyd-Pac, Manny needs to get back with a good win or two before that fight has any luster again.

Floyd-Trout would be good, but the guy who needs to fight Trout is one Saul Alvarez. That's the fight everyone wants.

Floyd-Bradley, if that happened you know you would say Floyd is fighting someone Pac beat and dominated last time out. You know it, I know it, and anyone who knows how you work on here knows you would as well. With that said, I really wouldn't mind. I'd really like to see my boy Bradley get a Marquez shot too.

Comment

This is all very well, but while you're talking down those guys as opponents you're somehow talking up Guerrero?? on the basis of beating Berto.

If that's the qualification Zaveck may as well get the shot as he was beating Berto until the cuts and unlike Guerrero he's a genuine WW.

I'm speaking as a boxing fan, Mayweather-Guerrero isn't competitive and thus, isn't interesting.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 12-26-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X