No announcement yet.

Floyd has defeated the #1 guy in EVERY division he has been in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
    sergio is more than willing to fight floyd. he said he would come down to 150.

in 2006 floyd turned down the fight. he was still with top rank back then.

from 2008-2010 paul williams was at that level. espeically right around the time floyd decided to retire and join the WWE.
    Martinez would be a zombie at 154 talk less of 150, it's not a fight I want to see at either weight, and yes Martinez would say anything to get a payday 150, I know boxing and I don't like that fight for Martinez at that weight.

Mayweather was offered the Margarito fight at $8M according to Bob Arum and he counter offer Arum that he would take the fight for that amount if Arum (Arum words not mine or Mayweather) can pay him $10M for a Cotto fight and more in a De la Hoya fight, Arum turn the request down saying there was no money in a de la Hoya fight and "you got to know when to fold them" again this are Arum words not mine.

Paul Williams in 2008 fought his last welterweight fight against Carlos Quintana after losing his first fight against him and he then move towards 160, He was no where near Mayweather level in terms of money that he brings or competition, he was Cotto mandatory for a while on the WBO but Cotto had better names to go for, that's how boxing works.

Again it takes two to tango in boxing, nobody is going to do you a favour unless you bring something to the table, Whether Mayweather retired or not is irrelevant, he is allowed to do anything he wants since he is the one taking punches to the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Williams was #2 after beating Marg, he was "at that level"
      Post 81...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Martinez would be a zombie at 154 talk less of 150, it's not a fight I want to see at either weight, and yes Martinez would say anything to get a payday 150, I know boxing and I don't like that fight for Martinez at that weight.

Mayweather was offered the Margarito fight at $8M according to Bob Arum and he counter offer Arum that he would take the fight for that amount if Arum (Arum words not mine or Mayweather) can pay him $10M for a Cotto fight and more in a De la Hoya fight, Arum turn the request down saying there was no money in a de la Hoya fight and "you got to know when to fold them" again this are Arum words not mine.

Paul Williams in 2008 fought his last welterweight fight against Carlos Quintana after losing his first fight against him and he then move towards 160, He was no where near Mayweather level in terms of money that he brings or competition, he was Cotto mandatory for a while on the WBO but Cotto had better names to go for, that's how boxing works.

Again it takes two to tango in boxing, nobody is going to do you a favour unless you bring something to the table, Whether Mayweather retired or not is irrelevant, he is allowed to do anything he wants since he is the one taking punches to the face.
        i name 3 top guys that wanted to fight him and you've come with excuses why floyd avoided them. it takes two tango. thats right.

Comment

i name 3 top guys that wanted to fight him and you've come with excuses why floyd avoided them. it takes two tango. thats right.
          Excuses? No I relay facts to you on why it takes two to tango in boxing, but whatever makes you feel sleepy at night lol.

Comment

cotto fought michael jennings for the wbo after paul dropped the belt because cotto didn't want to fight him. that's the better names you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              130-Hernedez
              135-Castillo
              140-Gatti
              147-Baldomir,Shane
              154-Cotto

amazing aint it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
              amazing pile of crap

Comment

cotto fought michael jennings for the wbo after paul dropped the belt because cotto didn't want to fight him. that's the better names you speak of?
                No Williams isn't getting a Cotto fight period, another reason why it takes two to tango in boxing, If Williams cannot get Cotto in the ring then it shows you the level he was at in terms of boxing which means he wasn't close to getting a Mayweather fight.

Comment

Excuses? No I relay facts to you on why it takes two to tango in boxing, but whatever makes you feel sleepy at night lol.
                  excuses.

sergio martinez is right now one of the top 3 p4p fighters in the world. a bigger draw than roberto gurerrero. he can make 154. floyd's is 154 champ. any explanation on why that fight can't happen is an excuse.

Comment

sergio is more than willing to fight floyd. he said he would come down to 150.

in 2006 floyd turned down the fight. he was still with top rank back then.

from 2008-2010 paul williams was at that level. espeically right around the time floyd decided to retire and became a pro wrestler.
                    Why not push for a Peter "kid chocolate " quillen fight vs Martinez or maybe even a canelo fight vs martinez. Mayweather is nothing more than a blown up featherweight beating these big guys. 154 and 160 is just too big for Floyd. Martinez should be moving up to fight ward or canelo should be moving up to fight martinez. These guys are afraid to face those in their own weight divison.

Comment

Post 81...
                      We know, floyd had money troubles with a lot of fighters, even tho it seems these money problems occurred with prime top fighters people wanted to see him fight. Thats why he has Gatti and Balomir as "#1" fighters in divisions

Comment

Working...
                      X