Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek vs. Cunningham II Early Fights Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This wasn't even that close a fight. Cunningham was the clear winner of no fewer than 8 rounds, and there were a couple more that were toss-ups. Fair scores ranged between 118-110 and 116-112 (my score) Cunningham. No way in hell that Adamek should have been able to even catch the whiff of a draw, much less a win.

Adamek is soft and slow in the 220s. He doesn't have the frame of a David Haye that can carry that much weight effectively. Therefore he should have done like Marco Huck and Cunningham and essentially come in as an undrained cruiserweight so as to maintain his speed. That's what got him past Arreola, and even then I think he was carrying a few pounds more than he needed to. Adamek as a slugger at heavyweight is a bit silly, although I guess it was the right way to go against Cunningham when you consider the mediocre defense and weak chin USS showed in his recent cruiserweight fights. But slugger or not, he needed to maintain his athleticism more than he possibly can at 223 in order to consistently find the target.

Comment

Boooooo!!!

I strongly vote this fight into a Catergory of: THE BIGGEST JUDGE DEBACLES OF 2012 Can we start a thread for that all on board,say I.

Comment

Cunningham got robbed!!! & Adamek's corner knows it cause from the 10th round on they were urging Adamek to KO Cunningham or to at least try to score some knockdowns...

Comment

Yeah Cunningham got robbed. It sucks hard for boxing that a network fight like this got judged by someone who has no experience and was told before the match "just make sure Adamek wins". She was up there telling Michael Buffer no that's not who's supposed to win on my card.

Adamek looked like ****e. He never really let his hands go and he was so flat on his feat that he couldn't cut off the ring. He definitely doesn't stand a chance of beating any quality HW's and is way past his prime but neither does Cunningham. I liked his boxing alot. I liked his jab. But he doesn't have the power to make real heavyweights think twice. Haye would demolish both of these guys as would the Klits of course. Cunningham should have won but neither of them are going anywhere. Guys at this level should be fighting eachother and having it scored fairly!!

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
            It sucks hard for boxing that a network fight like this got judged by someone who has no experience and was told before the match "just make sure Adamek wins".
            In fairness to that judge, I am not prepared to accuse her of any bias whatsoever. If I'm not mistaken (and please check me on this), I believe she gave Cunningham round 1, which was a true toss-up round. If her directive was to make Adamek the winner, she easily could have given that to Adamek (as I did), and nobody could have really faulted her. I think she was trying hard to be fair, but ultimately just proved to be completely and catastrophically incompetent.

Comment

The Racket Squad: The Not So Sweet Science

On the second weekend of Boxings return to Network, the first contest found a fighter unwilling to continue after getting slapped a few times and the second displayed one of the worst decisions since Pac/ Bradley.

With friends like this, Boxing requires few enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by cam89 View Post
                Cunningham lost because he hits like a girl and ran the whole fight
                find you a nice hot chick to blow that immature ish up outta you...don't let her come up for air either...gag that hoe!!...bust a few loads and then come back on here and halla...I bet you'll be talking like man afterwards....jerking off won't work, gotta feel the real for it to take a toll

Comment

Just watched card

I had it adamek 115-113 but 5 of those rounds were close. The round that hurt cunnigham was 11th when he ran around & didn't throw punches. He won the 10 & 12th rounds on my card. Could have gone either way. By no means a robbery.

Comment

One thing I didn't realize until I just watched the fight but had perused the Cunningham got robbed stuff beforehand, is that Cunningham took three knockdowns and didn't knockdown Adamek at all.

A fighter that got knocked down three times has no business claiming he got robbed. Even if he was winning the rounds he got knocked down in, he loses that round, usually by a score of 10-8. Some of the other rounds were closer that I had been led to believe also.

Without the knockdowns, I think Cunningham and his friends have a good argument but it seems like nobody wants to see that.

Comment

A ONE POINT or two point fight is not a robbery, people. I scored it 7-5 in rds to Adamek or a draw since there were several close rounds. When there is alot of close rounds, you're the champion being the aggressor, close rounds usually goes to that fighter. Cunningham didn't do enough to TAKE the title away. He did alot of running in this rematch than the 1st meeting between the two. Running around w/ a high guard w/ the Champion chasing you down. Literally chased around the corners of the ring without throwing anything to keep him off sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                      X