No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-Kessler Rematch Close, $2 Million Going To Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    True, but I don't think they are way different in levels at the moment. At least Kessler KO'd him violently. But you're right, Froch edges it in competition of course. But the way Kessler has looked I genuinly put this down as 50/50 which is why the matchup is so exciting. But I don't see this being a KO - both have great chins, probably Froch has the better. But then again, Kessler probably has more power. If he can somehow turn it back a few years, I see him winning a UD.
    I agree that Froch edges Kessler in competition (since their fight), but Kessler had his eye injury in the fight with Froch and in the fight with Froch he was coming of a (at that time) very surprising loss to Ward. Besides - present day - Kessler only needed 7 minutes to KO Magee (that was better now then when he fought Froch and Bute - at least he said so himself) then Froch, who needed 11 rounds to KO him, (and was even behind when he did).

I realize that you can't compare it like I've done above, but I still think that Kessler is a 60-40 favourite. (Maybe 55-45 considering Frochs home field advantage).

Comment

Froch has done a great job by repeating over and over that the first fight would have been a win for him had it been in the UK.

If that had been a win for froch, it would have been robbery of the decade. Kessler clearly won. Almost all of the posters on boxingscene had him as winner. Same for the british media. Punchstat numbers was also clearly in favour of the dane.

Too many people drinking the Froch cool-aid.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Froch has done a great job by repeating over and over that the first fight would have been a win for him had it been in the UK.

If that had been a win for froch, it would have been robbery of the decade. Kessler clearly won. Almost all of the posters on boxingscene had him as winner. Same for the british media. Punchstat numbers was also clearly in favour of the dane.

True. I mean I love Froch - but everyone should take their defeats like a man. This is the only thing that slightly bugs me about Froch - he's complaining. Also he says his UD loss to Froch was a really really close decision. It wasn't. It was clear as day. Kessler's was a lot tighter of course, but I heard some experts having it 8-4 Kessler. Kessler was just busier throughout and IMO edged it. If he goes back to the Calzaghe days and keeps behind his strong left jab and good movement he should have this. I think Kessler got too much into a tear up compared to what he should have. But it's hard not to of course.

Comment

Originally posted by nÔÔb_out_king View Post
          I agree that Froch edges Kessler in competition (since their fight), but Kessler had his eye injury in the fight with Froch and in the fight with Froch he was coming of a (at that time) very surprising loss to Ward. Besides - present day - Kessler only needed 7 minutes to KO Magee (that was better now then when he fought Froch and Bute - at least he said so himself) then Froch, who needed 11 rounds to KO him, (and was even behind when he did).

I realize that you can't compare it like I've done above, but I still think that Kessler is a 60-40 favourite. (Maybe 55-45 considering Frochs home field advantage).
          I mean I agree. I think Kessler will win again, but let's see. He's certainly the all round better fighter - I don't think too many can disagree with that. He has more in his arsenal than Froch.

Comment

True. I mean I love Froch - but everyone should take their defeats like a man. This is the only thing that slightly bugs me about Froch - he's complaining. Also he says his UD loss to Froch was a really really close decision. It wasn't. It was clear as day. Kessler's was a lot tighter of course, but I heard some experts having it 8-4 Kessler. Kessler was just busier throughout and IMO edged it. If he goes back to the Calzaghe days and keeps behind his strong left jab and good movement he should have this. I think Kessler got too much into a tear up compared to what he should have. But it's hard not to of course.
            UD loss to Ward*

Comment

This is what I've been waiting for.

Big fan of both guys, both are top quality warriors in the ring and also class out of it. I had the first fight a draw, and I fully expect another violent meeting this time.

Comment

True. I mean I love Froch - but everyone should take their defeats like a man. This is the only thing that slightly bugs me about Froch - he's complaining. Also he says his UD loss to Ward was a really really close decision. It wasn't. It was clear as day. Kessler's was a lot tighter of course, but I heard some experts having it 8-4 Kessler. Kessler was just busier throughout and IMO edged it. If he goes back to the Calzaghe days and keeps behind his strong left jab and good movement he should have this. I think Kessler got too much into a tear up compared to what he should have. But it's hard not to of course.
                Froch acknowledged recently that it wasn't close in his view. What he usually points out is that the judges watching at ringside felt it was close (see cards), so he gives himself a shot in a rematch.

Comment

Prime for prime Kessler beats Froch. However I have to give Froch the slight advantage in a rematch especially if it's in the UK.

WAR COBRA!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

No, just no.

If you really think it would have been a robbery to give the decision to Froch, you're more biased than I thought. If you know how to score a fight, you know that the fight was very close. About four or five of the rounds could have been given either way. A points verdict for either fighter beyond a two point lead would have been robbery, but nothing else. Nothing remotely clear about it.

Comment

Props to both these guys. That's good money. More than Ward and Dawson got even

Comment

Working...
                      X