No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-Kessler Rematch Close, $2 Million Going To Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Froch acknowledged recently that it wasn't close in his view. What he usually points out is that the judges watching at ringside felt it was close (see cards), so he gives himself a shot in a rematch.
    Two of the judges had it 115-113 - Being perfectly honest, the last judge 118-110 had it more accurate. I've seen Froch many times saying it was close - which I don't think it was. If he's acknowledged that it wasn't close - I respect that - but I haven't seen it.

Comment

I cant see this rematch going the distance. Someone is getting stopped or KO, WAR KESSLER!!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Froch has done a great job by repeating over and over that the first fight would have been a win for him had it been in the UK.

If that had been a win for froch, it would have been robbery of the decade. Kessler clearly won. Almost all of the posters on boxingscene had him as winner. Same for the british media. Punchstat numbers was also clearly in favour of the dane.

Too many people drinking the Froch cool-aid.

Lol cmon he got a hometown decision and Kessler is my 2nd fav fighter

Comment

This will be make or break for Kessler. He's going in as slight underdog this time, in Froch's back yard. Can't wait for this one. Have a feeling Froch will get the decision this time, he's on a roll and has beaten better opposition than Kessler since their first fight. But on paper it's 50-50.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
            No, just no.

If you really think it would have been a robbery to give the decision to Froch, you're more biased than I thought. If you know how to score a fight, you know that the fight was very close. About four or five of the rounds could have been given either way. A points verdict for either fighter beyond a two point lead would have been robbery, but nothing else. Nothing remotely clear about it.
            I was there. With Jreckoning who's a bonafide hard core neutral fightfan. He had Kessler 8-4 or 7-5 at the worst. I didn't score the fight in the arena as I was too pumped, but afterwards I had the same as Jreck.

Comment

I was there. With Jreckoning who's a bonafide hard core neutral fightfan. He had Kessler 8-4 or 7-5 at the worst. I didn't score the fight in the arena as I was too pumped, but afterwards I had the same as Jreck.
              As I said, 7-5 is fine, it reflects a close fight, which it was. Calling it clear though, is obviously bollocks. As you rightly say, being at the fight is not an advantage to scoring, it is in fact is a hindrance. I mean I scored the Froch-Dirrell fight for Froch on the night when I was there, but on second viewing on television it's clear that Dirrell wins an ugly fight. Far too many close rounds in the Froch-Kessler fight for anything to be clear.

I'll be at the rematch anyway. Can. Not. Wait.
              Last edited by P4P Opinion; 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

great stuff..just need the tickets

Comment

I was there also, but at the time I scored it like 10-1 Kessler just out of pure excitement. When I got home and the missus had taped it I realized it was much closer - but still, no robbery, but by no way was it a hometown decision as someone said. Kessler was the aggressor all night long and landed more punches and a higher %.

Comment

Kessler is a bad style matchup for Froch. I may go with the underdog here but I'd be shocked if he gets the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                      As I said, 7-5 is fine, it reflects a close fight, which it was. Calling it clear though, is obviously bollocks. As you rightly say, being at the fight is not an advantage to scoring, it is in fact is a hindrance. I mean I scored the Froch-Dirrell fight for Froch on the night when I was there, but on second viewing on television it's clear that Dirrell wins an ugly fight. Far too many close rounds in the Froch-Kessler fight for anything to be clear.

I'll be at the rematch anyway. Can. Not. Wait.
                      Being there is definetely an advantage to scoring. If you are neutral obviously. I was there as a fan and just enjoyed the fight immensely. I let Jreck do the scoring.

Anyway the re-match is going to be a barn-burner as well. If at all possible, I will try to be there. Looking forward to have a pint with the brit Froch fans from boxingscene.

Comment

Working...
                      X